Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My uncle was found dead this morning *Updated* *update on pg 11*

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM
  • 112 Replies

My uncle was found dead this morning. I am so sad and keep going over if I hugged him last time I saw him. I loved him so much even though he wasn't considered my uncle due to my aunt and him divorcing. He was still around our family a ton and came to our family camping trips, out to eat with us, etc. He was young, late 40s, and healthy overall except for his knees (from playing sports).

He was depressed due to being laid off from a job he had since before I even knew him (20 years). He text my cousin (his daughter who's 16) last night and said "I'm sorry if I hurt you." We first thought suicide when she was heading over there. But, he only took 3 pills. He had apparently been drinking and they're not sure if it's the combo of that and sleep apnea. He fell out of the bed and apparently the way he was laying they think could have cut off his oxygen too. His wife and him were sleeping in seperate rooms and her son is the one that found him this morning. I can't imagine being that poor boy. It's so sad. I keep crying on and off and thinking about his smile and the way he always used to tease us. He had the best sense of humor.

UPDATE - I had made this a seperate post but figured I'd combine them

My uncle died unexpectedly last weekend at the age of 49. Some of you may have seen my previous post. Any way, we still don't have any answers as to how but have slightly more information that breaks my heart and pisses me off at the same time. My uncle was remarried about two years ago after he divorced my aunt. Even though they were divorced he was still a part of our family. He went camping with us every year, came to dinners, etc. We loved him. Any way, he was laid off from his job he had been at for 20+ years and they were doing a short sale on his house. He was depressed but not a quitter so I do not think he committed suicide; however, that is not ruled out. His wife and him were arguing the night he died. She told him to move out. He was sleeping in the spare room that night. Apparently after they argued he went into my cousin's room and was sitting in the chair (she lives with her mom). He fell forward and THEY HEARD HIM FALL and DID NOT CHECK ON HIM!!! The next morning they were calling his phone (his wife and her son). He didn't answer and they went into the bedroom. He was found in front of the chair on his knees, his butt up in the air, and face on the floor. This is why the coroner thinks he could have suffocated. I am furious they didn't check out the noise. A 200lb man falling sounds a lot different than someone dropping something. She has been acting weird. She already had him cremated. We had a memorial for him yesterday at the park. There was not one picture of him and no one spoke. There was no preacher and no service. She drove his car there and was 45 min late!!!! We didn't get to say goodbye to him. We have no closure. We loved him and none of his friends, family, or daughter got to say good bye. We have no closure. We had a pre-memorial potluck before the memorial hosted by his longtime friends. His wife was invited and didn't come. My family was there, his friends, his family, and his daughter. We sat around the living room with a collection of photos, some people sang, we shared stories...so at least we had that. I just feel what his "wife" did was shameful and needed to vent Oh and she won't tell us or his daughter where or when the burial is. She won't say where he's being buried, etc. His daughter is only 16. It just pisses me off. She treats him like shit the day he dies then continues to be disrespectful

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MovalMomsADMIN
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:17 AM

im soooo sorry and good luck  to you all <333

Kathy-PSPR
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I am so sorry.

lovinmy3babs
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I am so sorry for your family's loss. You will be in my prayers. May he RIP.

maynaysmom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I am so sorry.  Thinking of you and your family!

Riahsmom1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:19 AM
I'm so sorry!
Miki1972
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Sorry to hear that!

luv_my_xiya
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM

im so sorry for your loss..my uncle found my grandfather dead in his bed on friday...i only only imagine what they went through finding them....

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss..

Sarah246
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Oh my! I'm so sorry momma! ((HUGS))

marathonmama04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:26 AM

So sorry for your loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)