Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What have I done?! I've created a monster!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot do ANYTHING anymore. My son is so super attached to me. I can't eat. I can't sleep. I can't take a shower. I can't do my homework. I can't do ANYTHING without him literally attached to me (he's breastfed). I get so frustrated. He just fell asleep eating (in my arms of course) and I gently put him in his bassinet. No more than 5 seconds after I left the room he started fussing. He's in there fussing now and I feel TERRIBLE! I normally do not let him fuss or cry unless I absolutely have to (like if I have to go to the bathroom or one of my other kids needs something). But no matter how terrible I feel, I need some time without a baby in my arms. Luckily, he's not screaming bloody murder (yet) and he's just fussing in there. Poor baby, but poor mommy! UGH.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MOMby19
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:40 AM

i'm sorry mama. i never had this issue this bad. ds kind of was when he finally came home from the hospital, but when i realized it i started putting him in his bouncer more (at first). then i gave him more tummy time. then i put a blanket up on the part of his crib that was right by my face so that he couldn't see me. but by then he was fine. and then he was in his own room shortly after and he LOVED it.

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:43 AM

I think I let this go on too long! He's 6 months old. :(

I try to give him tummy time and put him in swing and bouncer more during the day. He may be content for 10-15 minutes and then want me again. I love this boy, but he drives me crazy!

Quoting MOMby19:

i'm sorry mama. i never had this issue this bad. ds kind of was when he finally came home from the hospital, but when i realized it i started putting him in his bouncer more (at first). then i gave him more tummy time. then i put a blanket up on the part of his crib that was right by my face so that he couldn't see me. but by then he was fine. and then he was in his own room shortly after and he LOVED it.

Momyplease
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Quoting MOMby19:

i did that too worked out fine.

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:45 AM

How old were both of your babies when you started this? I think he may be too old and I have a real problem on my hands...  :(

Quoting Momyplease:

Quoting MOMby19:

i did that too worked out fine.

Momyplease
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Quoting MommySteph06:

I try to give him tummy time and put him in swing and bouncer more during the day. He may be content for 10-15 minutes and then want me again. I love this boy, but he drives me crazy!

Quoting MOMby19:

it's all right just take a little time for yourself they can fass a little while you regain yourself for the time being. Just try to do a little more you time a little at a time. take it day by day. Don't feel bad if at first it's seems like you are not succeeding. It will work after a little more more times trying it. good luck sweety. Nobody said it's going to be easy but it's revording.

crazyangel_52
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:47 AM

i'm so sorry hun. how old is ur little guy? i hope you find something that works for u

MOMby19
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Quoting MommySteph06:

Quoting MOMby19:

ohhh. ds was like 8 weeks old when i realized that i couldn't do ANYTHING. i couldn't even cook dinner. i lived on left overs and top ramen (after bed time, of course) for those 8 weeks. til i finally laid him down long enough to cook and eat. he was 6 months when he got his own room. it's only now with dd that i'm realizing the full extent on how much i affected his walking by not giving him tummy time.

maybe just try it little by little. start him out in a bouncer while you shower/cook dinner/clean. just little stuff like that will help him. he'll get mad, but if you sit there and talk to him and reassure him that you're there it should still help.

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:53 AM

He's 6 months. I tried putting him a Moby wrap. And that helps me to be able to do more things, but it really doesn't solve the problem. I still can't really cook and definitely can't shower wearing him.

Quoting crazyangel_52:

i'm so sorry hun. how old is ur little guy? i hope you find something that works for u

SCMomof2kids
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM

My Daughter is going threw the same thing with her 8 month old , The second  Reagen see;s her  she starts throwing a fit real tears and all.  I am at a loss myself It has been 20 years  since  I had a baby in The  house  and  I honestly do not remember he or her brother being that bad. I tried to warn her months ago about holding her all the  time and picking her  up every time she  le out the littlest cry but she and her husband did not listen to me..

I old her  to let her cry herself  out , see were that goes, or buy one of those  carrier;s and strap her on . . I sudjested  not to  pick  her  up  but  sit next  her play  for awhile  then  try to  go do what she needs to do . . My Daughter said she  will start omorrow  so we will see if anything I suggested works. Let me know how you do  or what you come up with. Thanks Robin 

SCMomof2kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)