• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're married so you're better than me???

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM
  • 177 Replies

According to this woman I know, that's true.

What do you think? Is marriage really that important or is a tad bit overrated? Do you look at married people as "better" than people who are in a long-term relationship?

*this is more of a comparison of married vs. unmarried relationship and not about single people*

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Radarma
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Hmmm, interesting question!

I don't think I would use the word "better"...but if I am going to be honest, I do think those who are married (especially for long term) are more "durable".

And I have no idea what I mean by that. Damn good question! LOL

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:54 AM

i actually forget which of my friends are married and which arent. i dont care enough to remember.

so...i guess my answer is no, i dont think anyone is better than anyone else.

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM

LOL!

This girl said this to me and I didn't really know what to say besides the "low blows", like pointing out the flaws in her marriage. LOL. She just thinks she's so much better than me because she's married, although me and my SO have been together longer than her and her DH.

Quoting Radarma:

I don't think I would use the word "better"...but if I am going to be honest, I do think those who are married (especially for long term) are more "durable".

MOMby19
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:56 AM

i've seen A LOT of women here say that marriage makes people "work harder" in their relationship. i personally think that's a big load of crap. SO and i have been through A LOT in the last few months (cheating, the mistrust that comes with it, the eternal battle that comes with raising kids) and we've toughed our way through it WITHOUT a marriage certificate.

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Quoting Radarma:

so theyre less likely to leak while taking out the trash?

a glad commercial was just on (or hefty, whichever) and they said "durable" too.

i havent had the chance to find out daniel is durable, bc he never takes out the trash.

jerk.

shortysashious2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:57 AM

No.  I don't find even single moms to be any lower than me.  I was there at one time and even if I wasn't I wouldn't think that.  I think if you're a momma, taking care of your babies, that is just fine, no matter what your marital status.

Kalebs_Momma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Way overrated.  Look how many divorces happen every day.  Hell, read the posts in here.  I bet there are 25 from today talking about how their husband cheated, hit them, left them, or kissed a man.

shortysashious2

Quoting dmarie2101:

Quoting Radarma:

so theyre less likely to leak while taking out the trash?

a glad commercial was just on (or hefty, whichever) and they said "durable" too.

i havent had the chance to find out daniel is durable, bc he never takes out the trash.

jerk.

This made me laugh... :)  That's pretty funny.  If I didn't remind my hubby he wouldn't so I guess he's not really that durable.  Lol.... j/k

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Yep. I agree. S/O and have been through tons. We work just as hard on our relationship as married couples.

Quoting MOMby19:

i've seen A LOT of women here say that marriage makes people "work harder" in their relationship. i personally think that's a big load of crap. SO and i have been through A LOT in the last few months (cheating, the mistrust that comes with it, the eternal battle that comes with raising kids) and we've toughed our way through it WITHOUT a marriage certificate.

crazyangel_52

no hun i don't think married people are better then non married people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)