Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WoOt WoOt!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am IN LOVE!! LOL With...................

ACOOK BOOK!!!! LOL ok sorry, but really I am!!!! I bought the sneaky chef cook book, MONTHS ago, I am totally lazy when it comes to cooking, I HATE cooking, I am a terrible mom b/c I hate cooking so much I avoid it at all costs...

I finally put in the effort to do the prepping for the recipies, all the puree's...it took about 3 hours of work, but it will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it in the end...

My family will be eating things like zuccini, sweat potatos, carrots, broccoli, sweat peas, lentels, grabonzo beans, cauliflower, strawberries, blueberrys, SPINACH, etc...supposedly with out even knowing it!!!

The recipeis are easy to follow, and I just can't wait to try them out tomorrow. It will be great to be getting such healthy things into our foods that we wouldn't eat other wise. It may take a little retraining of the taste buds, but it is definitly worth it to eat better and be healthy.

Yes 3 hrs of work is a long time but I made at least a weeks worth of puree's if not more in that amount of time, so very much worth it to me. Anyway, just wanted to share, thanks! :)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MsDean
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:41 AM

I just saw your FB post. Post some pics of the recipes and let us know if they were tasty! I love cookbooks!

JenB1983
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:44 AM

My friend bought all of the sneaky chef books.  She LOVES using them. 

anikahaynes1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:36 AM

Quoting MsDean:

I just saw your FB post. Post some pics of the recipes and let us know if they were tasty! I love cookbooks!

Hey haha, yeah, I saw the notifications thing on my FB. :) I will take pics, but I am a HORRIBLE cook, I mean really, I tried to make dirt (the pudding stuff) for chirstmas this year, and managed to mess that up. So it may or may not look presentable, but usually I can make my food taste good, which is all that matters right?! LOL

anikahaynes1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Quoting JenB1983:

My friend bought all of the sneaky chef books.  She LOVES using them. 

Awesome, that is good to hear! :) I am so nervous about trying new things, always have been, so this is a HUGE step for my whole family. Haha.

JenB1983
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:05 AM

She uses it all the time.  LOL  Her freezer is stockpiled with the different purees.  She'll make a HUGE batch and then freeze it in ice cube trays.  Then she just stores them in ziplock baggies with what kind of puree they are and the date.  Pretty much no matter what she cooks, she can get a couple cubes of puree in.  LOL  I helped her make breakfast sandwiches one time(english muffins, cheese, ham, and egg beaters); and in the egg beaters she mixed in 2 orange and a white puree....you couldn't tell at all. :-D

lovemymarine306
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:08 AM

lol...i got that cookbook, but i've been too lazy to actually make any of the recipes.  fail for me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)