Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the things that your SO/husband do to show his love for you and your family?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

Is he more verbal or through his actions?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tsjpop
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:34 AM

mine is actions. He "shows" me by doing for me.

tsjpop
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:38 AM

Oh what are the "things" he does you ask? My birthday is always a big deal to him, he tries to top it every year, it's my own special holiday to him.

Right or wrong on my part, he does what I "prefer" because no matter what if Im not happy then he's not happy so the happiness is the bottom line (but of course I am never wrong lol  ya know?)

He always makes sure I get off before he does.....

My birthday is this month, the 22nd, and my gift arrived early, he bought me a full sized home tanning bed.

I could write a book come to think of it, on how he shows me, but I want to thank you for making this post and bringing to my attention all the good things he does, that was a real eye opener to me now that I sit here and think about how are relationship is.....thanks~

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:41 AM

He tells me every day that he appreciates all I do (I'm a housewife).

He offers to stay with the children while I get some "me" time.

When I am overwhelmed he disappears... he reappears with some sort of chocolate for me.

He plans "date nights" for us at least twice a month. The sitter comes to stay with the children and we go out for the evening.

He tells me he loves me, he shows me loves me... he tells me that I'm beautiful, he shows that he finds me beautiful...

He is a wonderful man.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

tatar
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:45 AM

thank you for answering my post and sharing your story:) Advance Happy Bday by the way!:) Your husband seems like a wonderful and thoughtful man:)

Quoting tsjpop:

Oh what are the "things" he does you ask? My birthday is always a big deal to him, he tries to top it every year, it's my own special holiday to him.

Right or wrong on my part, he does what I "prefer" because no matter what if Im not happy then he's not happy so the happiness is the bottom line (but of course I am never wrong lol  ya know?)

He always makes sure I get off before he does.....

My birthday is this month, the 22nd, and my gift arrived early, he bought me a full sized home tanning bed.

I could write a book come to think of it, on how he shows me, but I want to thank you for making this post and bringing to my attention all the good things he does, that was a real eye opener to me now that I sit here and think about how are relationship is.....thanks~

tatar
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:50 AM

awwww....sound like he does appreciates you for putting all these efforts...how I wish I could have some date nights with my husband. We haven't gone out for a date for like five years :(

Quoting AutymsMommy:

When I am overwhelmed he disappears... he reappears with some sort of chocolate for me.

He plans "date nights" for us at least twice a month. The sitter comes to stay with the children and we go out for the evening.

He tells me he loves me, he shows me loves me... he tells me that I'm beautiful, he shows that he finds me beautiful...

He is a wonderful man.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:54 AM

5 years??? You need to schedule a night out NOW. Lol. Hire a sitter and run....

Quoting tatar:

awwww....sound like he does appreciates you for putting all these efforts...how I wish I could have some date nights with my husband. We haven't gone out for a date for like five years :(

Quoting AutymsMommy:

He is a wonderful man.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

tatar
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:56 AM

He's the one who doesn't want to go out. He feels guilty leaving our ds behind. He always wants to bring him with us lol

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting tatar:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

He is a wonderful man.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:13 AM

I personally think it is imperative to a successful marriage for husband and wife to have one-on-one time with each other. It's how you will reconnects. It's how you will finally relax... YOU plan a night out for you and your husband, hire the sitter, and don't tell your husband until last minute :o)

Quoting tatar:

He's the one who doesn't want to go out. He feels guilty leaving our ds behind. He always wants to bring him with us lol

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting tatar:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

He is a wonderful man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)