Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my neighbors don't hate me

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:34 AM
  • 13 Replies

I want to mow my backyard this morning, early, but don't want my neighbors to egg my house for waking them up too early on a Sunday.

So, what is the earliest I can start mowing in your opinion? Is there some kind of etiquette on this?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2andloveit
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:36 AM

maybe around 8am, if its warm in your area that would be completely understandable to do it before it gets too hot.

brbrowen
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:38 AM

Not before 10 maybe 9

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Not before 9am... a lot of cities have a noise ordinance.. you need to find that out first...

MeandYourDad
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Oh good point!!

Quoting Momof2MixdBoyz:

Not before 9am... a lot of cities have a noise ordinance.. you need to find that out first...

smurfbitebug
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:41 AM

on a sunday? i'm thinking 10 or 11am...

MeandYourDad
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:41 AM

I'll peek outside around 8 and see what kind of life there is out there...it is supposed to be really hot today, dh is gone and I have a huge back yard to mow and three boys...one is 9 months so I want to get crackin!

Quoting momof2andloveit:

maybe around 8am, if its warm in your area that would be completely understandable to do it before it gets too hot.

anetrnlov
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:56 AM

We just started renting a house that has about an acre of land on it.  Come summer, you can bet we will be out early (between 8 and 9) mowing and doing yard work.

lizmarie1975
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:20 AM

I'm glad you're being considerate of your neighbors!  They'll definitely appreciate it and hopefully show you the same kindness when they want to do something loud outside.

nemiller
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM

i'd say between 8 and 9.  quiet hours here are 10pm-6am during the week and 12am-6am on the weekends, so maybe check local noise ordinances, too.  luckily, nobody has gotten the crazy idea to start mowing at 6 on a sunday morning here, lol.

FDNYwife
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)