Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She stole from ,me, I'm going to kill her....help!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:06 AM
  • 46 Replies

Long story short my fiances friend and his girlfriend and their 2 kids have been coming over 3-4 times a week for the past month or so...shes been acting weird the last 2 or 3 times she was here and hubby and I both noticed it and I've been saying ever since that I have a gut feeling shes stealing from me.

I came home from work this morning and went to get toilet paper from one of our cabinets and noticed my makeup bag was tipped over, partly unzipped and I am ANAL about my makeup,  know exactly whats in there and put it all back a certin way...my bare minerals bronzer and a brush are missing...and the funny thing is the last time she came over she was wearing makeup, including bronzer and that is literally the 1st time ever I have seen her wear makeup.

I want it back!!!  But what is the best way to go about getting it back and letting her know I know she did it?  No one else has been here since I last used it and it is faaarrr out of the reach of any little hands, so this was an adult.

Help me out here ladies!!!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfbitebug
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:10 AM

oh. bare minerals. that's expensive stuff right there. i would call her out, the thief that she is...if i thought it would get my expensive makeup back!! if not, i would talk to one of the people that she comes with. tell them that if she did not return my stuff, then none of them would be welcome in my home at all...

Army_Wife41
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:14 AM

You probably won't know for sure if she did it...or at least won't be able to prove it.

But, if I were 100% certain that it couldn't have been anyone else, I would call her out on it. Then I would make it clear that if she ever set foot in my house again, she would be reported for trespassing, because she is no longer welcome.

No really sure of a way to get it back other than just taking it back.

addisonsmom3794
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Thank you!  If it were something cheap I could get at a drugstore I really wouldn't care as much...but my wedding is in less than a month and we just don't have the $$ for the added expense because someone has sticky fingers...and now thinking back on it, the day before the day she came over wearing bronzer I went into that cabinet for qtips and she asked me about a cream I had in there...

Quoting smurfbitebug:

oh. bare minerals. that's expensive stuff right there. i would call her out, the thief that she is...if i thought it would get my expensive makeup back!! if not, i would talk to one of the people that she comes with. tell them that if she did not return my stuff, then none of them would be welcome in my home at all...

tatar
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Don't ever welcome a Kleptomaniac into your home. She will try to steal from you again. It's a mental disorder. I had a friend like that where she stole from everyone and even from me her bestfriend. I found out it was her when I discovered in her room all the things that she had stolen in our class.

nemiller
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:19 AM

i'd confront her privately.  if you do it in front of people, she's more likely to try to defend herself.  try to stay calm and pose it more of a question than an accusation.  while you might be 100% positive she did it, coming at her in attack mode will only make her shut down and deny it.

FDNYwife
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:21 AM

I would play the nice guy and say, ___ Did you BORROW my Bare Minerals Bronzer?  If she says yes, play it like its nothing until its in your hands.  Then after you get it, Id tell her.  IM SORRY BUT YOU ALL NEED TO LEAVE NOW.  If you want to see us again, it will be at your home or out. (But of course I dont think ID EVER hang with her again)

If she denies it and you have no proof, just dont invite them over anymore.

addisonsmom3794
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:22 AM

I talked with hubby and what I think we're going to do is call her boyfriend, whose a very honest person, ask him to come over, show him the makeup and just tell him that shes the only one thats been in our home and ask him to without saying anything just look thru her things at home and if he finds it great and if not then I will drop it. 

I can't believe that this girl that I have been giving ALL of my baby stuff to FOR FREE is stealing from me!!!

Quoting Army_Wife41:

You probably won't know for sure if she did it...or at least won't be able to prove it.

But, if I were 100% certain that it couldn't have been anyone else, I would call her out on it. Then I would make it clear that if she ever set foot in my house again, she would be reported for trespassing, because she is no longer welcome.

addisonsmom3794
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM

See I had first thought Id call her up and ask her just like that but I'm afraid she'll freak and throw it out.  I just want it back and then shes outta here!!!

Quoting FDNYwife:

I would play the nice guy and say, ___ Did you BORROW my Bare Minerals Bronzer?  If she says yes, play it like its nothing until its in your hands.  Then after you get it, Id tell her.  IM SORRY BUT YOU ALL NEED TO LEAVE NOW.  If you want to see us again, it will be at your home or out. (But of course I dont think ID EVER hang with her again)

If she denies it and you have no proof, just dont invite them over anymore.

FDNYwife
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM

actually I think thats the best idea.  Tell him how she asked you about a cream (In your cabinet which she should have never seen?) and your bag was open, tipped over and your bonzer and brush is missing AND you have now seen her wearing it.

Quoting addisonsmom3794:

I talked with hubby and what I think we're going to do is call her boyfriend, whose a very honest person, ask him to come over, show him the makeup and just tell him that shes the only one thats been in our home and ask him to without saying anything just look thru her things at home and if he finds it great and if not then I will drop it. 

I can't believe that this girl that I have been giving ALL of my baby stuff to FOR FREE is stealing from me!!!

Quoting Army_Wife41:

addisonsmom3794
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I think thats a good plan.  That way she doesn't have time to hide it or deny it...he can go home knowing what it looks like and what hes looking for, I get my makeup back and I know never to allow her in my home again...heres the real kicker...her fiance is in my wedding AT OUR HOME in less than a month!!!

Quoting FDNYwife:

actually I think thats the best idea.  Tell him how she asked you about a cream (In your cabinet which she should have never seen?) and your bag was open, tipped over and your bonzer and brush is missing AND you have now seen her wearing it.

Quoting addisonsmom3794:

Quoting Army_Wife41:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)