Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flooding in Tennessee

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM
  • 21 Replies

Yesterday and today Tennessee is experiencing MASSIVE flooding and 5 people have tragically lost their lives to this flood, families and trapped in their homes, people are trapped on the road in there cars, some trailers have even rose and are floating down the interstate. It's really bad, and I just wanted to ask for prayers, thoughts, whatever it is you do for those people. I am from there and i have lots of family and friends who live there so please just keep Tennessee in your mind and heart!

* a total of 15 deaths in Tennessee and Northern Mississippi as of today. This weather (the floods, storming and tornadoes) have caused so much trauma and devastation to these people so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers 

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cerealncheese
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:48 AM

bump

mommasbabies77
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:51 AM
I'm in Tennessee. It must be West Tn. That's having the floods so bad. I'm in East and it's not so bad here. Flooding around here tho is common.

Anyway, of course I'll pray for your fam and friends:)

cerealncheese
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Quoting mommasbabies77:

I'm in Tennessee. It must be West Tn. That's having the floods so bad. I'm in East and it's not so bad here. Flooding around here tho is common.

Anyway, of course I'll pray for your fam and friends:)

I am not exactly sure what parts are flooded and what parts aren't, I myself am from tennessee too but never have i experienced a massive flood that is currently happening since I've lived there (20= years). We just moved but I know I-24 and I-40 are totally shut down, there's video of a trailer floating down I-24. It's really bad, lots of families I have heard are trapped in their homes.

cerealncheese
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM

BUMP!

isra1986
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I saw this on the news now! Wow! That is horrible!

cerealncheese
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:07 AM

BUMP!

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I'm down on the backside of Monteagle mountain. We have been pretty lucky so far where the rain is concerned. I do know the Sequatchie and TN river have risen a bit.

Our lake out back hasnt risen to much yet. I'm expecting the worst to hit us tonight and tomorr

cerealncheese
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:18 PM

the flooding has just destroyed so much it's devastating.....

cerealncheese
by on May. 3, 2010 at 5:05 AM

BUMP!

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2010 at 8:33 AM

It is mid TN...I am 20 min from Nashville...(approx).  It has been crazy.  Parts of our small city itself are under water.  The flooding is horrid.  Thankfully it is no longer raining.  Nashville, Bellvue and some other places totally devastated by flood waters.  My family is safe and dry on higher ground but it is unbelievable.  I had heard the national news isn't really showing how bad it is.  The children's hospital has been flooded...Nashville itself.....parts of it is under water as well.  All we are seeing is local news...no national showing.  There is wide spread damage and there have been many deaths.  Mid TN is like really devastated by the floods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)