Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother/Daughter Movies?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

Does anyone have some suggestions on some good mother/daughter movies. Appropriate for a 6 yr old. She is not so much into cartoons or animated anymore. She enjoyed Confessions of a Shopaholic (I think that was because she kept saying I needed that lol). She also like Freaky Friday.

I just cant think of anything since everything seems to be focused so much around sexuality now. Shes having some self-esteem problems so one that could maybe show some positive self-esteem would be a huge bonus.

Thanks Ladies

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:26 AM

beverly hills chichuaia

Honey I blew up the kids is one we watched recently that my 7 yr old liked.

!!!!!!  The most recent American Girl movie.. forget the name... Chrissa? It is about being bullied and to stand up for yourself,be youself. Very good.

http://www.americangirl.com/movie/chrissa/

TheFoo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM

oh theres one with tyra banks I think its called Life Sized? not a mother daughter movie but good for self esteem about a girls barbie who comes to life

CafeMom Tickers
Trotterswife
by on May. 6, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Thanks! I completely forgot all about the American Girl movies.

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

beverly hills chichuaia

Honey I blew up the kids is one we watched recently that my 7 yr old liked.

!!!!!!  The most recent American Girl movie.. forget the name... Chrissa? It is about being bullied and to stand up for yourself,be youself. Very good.

http://www.americangirl.com/movie/chrissa/

bluesky51201
by on May. 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Oh Life Sized was so cute.  Maybe The Parent Trap?  I love the old one with Haley Mills but the new one with Lindsey Lohan isn't too bad.

Quoting TheFoo:

oh theres one with tyra banks I think its called Life Sized? not a mother daughter movie but good for self esteem about a girls barbie who comes to life

SugarGuru
by on May. 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Step-Mom.....has both step and actual parent in it.....great movie

mrs.sgt
by on May. 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM

It's not really a mother/daughter movie per se, but my mom and I used to watch "The Trouble With Angels" all the time when I was little, and sometimes if I'm over at her house and we see it's on, we'll watch it now :)

Also, The Parent Trap (the original) we watched quite a bit.

krise
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I was totally going to say Freaky Friday. My DD loves that movie. Princess Diaries is a good one too. Goonies *CLASSIC*

1andonlysarissa
by on May. 6, 2010 at 3:03 PM

it takes two with the olsen twins love love love that movie lol

and maybe the little rascals lol i know these are way off mother daughter type but it could work lol

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I love Freaky Friday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)