• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at home or working mommies...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM
  • 93 Replies

Which are you? Are you happy doing it or would you rather do the other?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GrippyBits2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Im a working mom...I wish I could stay at home, but we need things like a home and food...so I work my ass off every day.

reava
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I'm a working mom too.  I have to in order to provide for us.  I would like to work less, but don't think I would be happy staying home all the time.  My mom watches dd  while I work, so I am very lucky there.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I work part time and that is the perfect balance for me.

cindyhorne
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I stay home mom and I am happy with it

MommytoNandA
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I stay at home, and I love it.  Our store is here, so I deal with that, and it allows me to stay at home.   I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

Redhed101
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:47 AM
I also work part time and I LOVE it. Shes only at daycare for a few hours in the morning, so I still have all day w/ her. Its nice to have some adult conversation every day!
angelsmoma

I'm a stay at homo mom I have been for 3 years Let me tell you I liked it at first... Still like it for the most part but I will be glad to go back to school. If you are a stay at home mom that has friends that don't just basically forget about you that's awesome but when I had my dd my friends didn't want to do anything and I stayed home and Got fat! So I am glad to be a stay at home because I love the time with my DD but at the same time keeping a job would of been nice to keep in contact with people other then my dd and dh.

TheTaoOfKim

I stay home because that was what we chose to do and we manage financially. Why does it have to be one vs. the other. SOme people have to work, some want to work, so what? There isn't one right way to raise kids, whether some of you think there is or not.

hooahmomma723
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:48 AM

I am a SAHM and college student right now. I have always worked since the day after I turned 16. I love being able to be home with my son and the opportunity to go back to school, but occasionally I have some guilt about being a SAHM. I don't know if its because I have always worked or if it is because my SO is in the army and deployed right now. I would love to find a part time job to have some extra money coming in, but I personally know I couldn't work full time and go to school. I have tried that before and I can't find a good balance. So for now, I'm going to continue to be a SAHM.

P.S. Sorry I rambled on a bit there. :)

abruznocks
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:48 AM

I am a SAHM and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love being with my little man and experiencing all the new things he does each day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)