Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Truth or Myth? POLL

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe if you lift your arms above your head during pregnancy that the baby's cord will get wrapped around their neck?

Options:

Yes

That is a Myth

I don't know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

Do you believe if you lift your arms above your head during pregnancy that the baby's cord will get wrapped around their neck?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asistartomosh
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM

BUMP!

neila_930
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I never even heard about this lol

jridgill
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I see someone voted yes! How did you hear about this? Doctor? or friend/family?

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:30 AM

LOL  unsure. My mom put her arms above her head with my oldest brother he had to be vaccumed assisted out b/c the cord was wrapped around his neack. She didn't do much above head with me or my baby brother and we came out without a necklace.

I did a lot above head with my pregnancy and his cord was wrapped around his neck. But then I was also told it had something to do with the sex of the baby. 

littlemama810
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I voted IDK because I've never heard of this.

Shaylyn318
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:31 AM

My grandma told me this. I didn't believer her but I never chanced it either LOL.

1stTimeMama2010
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I painted my sons room while still pregnant with him, so obviously my arms were above my head and he was fine, no cord wrapped around his neck. lol

two4one
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:32 AM

HA HA HA HA , sorry I had to laugh. How can anyone believe that??? LOL!!!!

amayabrianna
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I have heard it before but don't believe that causes it. I lifted my arms above my head through both my pregnancies, one had the cord around their neck and one didn't.

jridgill
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:35 AM

a friend of mine was just given this advice on facebook

I can totally understand that girl! Don't over do yourself! Don't lift your arms over your head because u can wrap the cord around the lil ones neck. I am sure they told u that though. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, cause I am sure you know, but I was just telling you because I remember being a new mommy
Quoting two4one:

HA HA HA HA , sorry I had to laugh. How can anyone believe that??? LOL!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)