Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

so dd is obsessed with her potty... she likes to get naked and run around sitting on it back and forth... shes only had one accident in the middle of the kitchen floor but shes still not potty trained.... any suggestions on getting her trained?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamaoftwins9197
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Good luck!  My kids are obsessed with the potty, but just this morning did one of them finally use it!  They are a little over 2 and a half and we've been working on it for a while.  I'm curious to see the responses because I need help too.

CafeMom Tickers
angelsmoma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Honestly I just got my dd potty trained first I tried getting her own pretty panties didn't work so much so I got her some with sponge bob on them and it got a little better and i took diapers and pull ups away and she finally stopped having problems it was like she knew better but if she had something there blocking it it was okay to go. So she did better after we took them away all together no problems for the last month! :)

angelsmoma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I tried the naked thing but she would pee on the floor .. I tried putting her potty by the  tv and she liked to play in it. Those are some ideas people gave me but some try charts and stuff like that. My daughter is going to be 3 next month. I've been working with her since she was 18 months old.

Trishintraining
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM

BUMP!

PeytonNBella
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I have way too many ideas, we're potty training also. Are you using pull ups or is she in underwear? If she's in underwear, tell her she has to wear them unless she is sitting on the potty and then enforce it. Pull ups you might as well hide and only use if you have to be out for a long time or overnight. Make sure the potty is in the bathroom, now that she knows when she has to go, she doesn't need a potty in any other room. Continue to remind her to go and ask often. For number two (if that is an issue) you may need to "catch her in the act" and get her to the potty to finish.

Jessie119
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I worked in a 2 year old room for about three years and all we did was potty train. My advice is be consistent. If you cut diapers don't go back even if they are having accidents. We had all our kids in pull ups until they started really going, then switched to underwear. Try putting them on the potty every hour! Be patient and understand accidents happen. Reward them with praise when they go potty. Also sticker charts are great, but I don't recommend actual rewards, such as candy or toys. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)