Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Agh! I'm I the only one who thinks this way, or is it normal?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM
  • 16 Replies

I feel SO disgusting.  Right now I weigh 170 lbs.  A far cry from the 122 lbs. I weighed 2 1/2 years ago, or even the 135 lbs. I weighed 7 months ago.  This weight is just piling on and I can't seem to stop it.  I practically starve myself only to lose a couple of lbs. and then when I finally eat a little more it all comes back plus some!  Anyway that's not my question - just a vent.

I wear a size 12 jeans right now and I feel like crap - yuck yuck yuck.  And I look really terrible.  But for some reason I see these other girls walking around that are the same size as me or a couple sizes bigger and I think they look good, and cute, and I would never say that THEY are fat or look terrible.  So if I think *they* look good, why do *I* want to just hide in a hole and not go anywhere so that nobody can see me?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine306
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:00 AM

if you are going hungry, and then suddenly eating more, all you are going to do is put on more weight.  you need to eat 5-6 small, healthy meals a day.  when you get too hungry, your metabolism slows down, so its counter-productive

AnimalLover80
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM

because we are always our own worst critics. don't starve yourself... if you only eat 1 meal a day by choice (not just because you're so stressed/busy you don't have time to) then your body doesn't really "know" when you'll be eating again, so it stores everything as fat to use for energy later. If you snack/eat small healthy meals throughout the day, your metabolism will kick in and start to burn your excess fat for energy (the way it's meant to)

SassyPainter
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM

It's because you don't feel like yourself.  You are not yet used to being that weight.  I totally understand.  I think a Lane Bryant model is waaay sexier than a Victoria's Secret model, but I'm more comfortable being the size of the V.S. model.  It's what feels natural for my body-type. 

brandi2781
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I am the same way. I see girls that are the same size, some even bigger and I think, wow they are so cute, why cant I look that that? Or think that they are beautiful. I think it is because we are so self crictical of ourselves. We dont see ourselves the way others do. Does that make sense?

EricaG87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I eat about 1400 calories a day but I'm still SO hungry.  So then when i add in another couple hundred then I start gaining again.  I walk 2 miles everyday, and do pilates 4 times a week.  I don't what's happening. 

Quoting lovemymarine306:

if you are going hungry, and then suddenly eating more, all you are going to do is put on more weight.  you need to eat 5-6 small, healthy meals a day.  when you get too hungry, your metabolism slows down, so its counter-productive

EricaG87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM

That's true.  I love being thin. I could sit down and not have jeans dig into my belly or a roll pop out.  I could run and jump into dh's arms.  This just isn't me :o(

Quoting SassyPainter:

It's because you don't feel like yourself.  You are not yet used to being that weight.  I totally understand.  I think a Lane Bryant model is waaay sexier than a Victoria's Secret model, but I'm more comfortable being the size the V.S. model.  It's how I feel natural. 

veganmommy04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:07 AM

i feel the same way.  logically i know i'm not fat and i don't look bad, but yet i tear myself apart and am never happy w the way i look.  yet i see girls all the time that are bigger than me, some significantly bigger than me, and i think they look adorable, and beautiful, i see them and can appreciate their beauty, but  yet i can't be happy w myself.  so i feel ya.  i thought i was crazy and the only one who had that issue, now i see that im not

soon2bemomof307
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I feel the same way but it's because I'm not proportioned in my weight. I'm pear shaped. Skinny arms and legs but big hips, butt, thighs and belly. If I was proportioned I probably wouldn't mind so much. I am working on it though so hopefully I will be proportioned soon.

Anyway when you "starve" yourself you lower your metabolism and your body goes into starvation mode. So many people think that's how to lose weight but it isn't. What you want to do is lower your calories and eat healthier foods. Start a work out regimen as well.

axy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM

maybe its a medical condition? anyhow, im the same way. ill point women out to dh that i think look really good, and he says "shes the same size as you" and ill tell him hes crazy. theres just no way. it totally sucks.

IMAMOMx4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I felt the same way you did....but I did a lot of research on the internet and diet books, and what not trying to find something that would work for me.  Instead of doing just one I combined a bunch for my own liking. 

I used this website...  http://www.theloseweightdiet.com/

Then I got a book by the doctor who oversees the contestents on biggest loser...his book is about exercise.  I can't remember the name of it.   Basic principle is to exercise 4-6 days a week.  Cardio on most of those days and 3-4 days of weight training.   And you need to take that hour for yourself. 

And the philosphy of calories in vs calories out....you need to eat to live and make your muscle work.  If you starve yourself your body will work against you.  Meaning it will take away the good stuff from your muscles instead of the fat.  Then in the end making you fatter then you were before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)