Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

slept all night... still tired

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM
  • 4 Replies

what are the possibilities?

I went to bed around midnight, and woke up around 8:30... my "normal" sleep schedule is bed by 3, up by 8. i sat on the couch while DS ate breakfast- and fell asleep.

then i got up and went to where DS was (down in the basement/our bedroom) and fell asleep down there.

we went upstairs b/c my brother got home, bro was playing the game, me and DS were watching him... and i fell asleep.

its like i literally cannot keep myself awake!

i'm thinking of making a doctor appointment for this. but in the mean time- is there anything i can do to help myself? i mean, even yesterday (Saturday), i took a nap from 2-5 and still went to bed at midnight.

21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
marshakay
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM

talk to your GP about this. what if you fell asleep while driving?

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Quoting marshakay:

talk to your GP about this. what if you fell asleep while driving?

lol i havent even thought of that! my mom has my car right now so i dont even drive. but i get it back May 9th and it is true- what if i do get so tired that i fall asleep while driving. that would be the worst! i asked my mom if she can watch DS tomorrow if i can set up a doc appt. i'm really hoping that i'm able to.

this is a dumb moment here- but whats a GP?

21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
marshakay
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:53 AM

GP=general practioner=a family doc

Stephynsos
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I have narcolepsy... thats what it sounds like you have...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)