Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe they don't qualify!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:12 AM
  • 17 Replies

I'm just a bit pissed off for my parents... I feel SO bad for them right now....
We live in South Central, KY and have been getting nothing but down pours since yesterday before day break. .... They have a flood in their back yard..... This is b/c there is a sink hole in thier back yard that has a river that runs underneath it..... It used to flood all the time, nothing too bad except one time and they apparently fixed it so it wouldn't get into thier yard. Well, they don't quailfy for flood ins!!! How in the hell is that?! With a river running underneath them and a sink hole, they are low lying... and they can't get flood ins.... That is such b/s!

UGH! They might have to come up to our place for a while.... I was supposed to do laundry and clean all the baby's clothes b/c I'm having my c section tomorrow!

kiss-son.pnglittlebrother.png

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chaotic_Rayne
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:14 AM

BUMP!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM

BUMP!

Heatherlee88

simple frownI'm sorry. Hope your c-section goes well

RendevouzDreams

BUMP!

alexhuntercody

i'm sorry. I think to qualify for flood insurance you have to be in a flood prone area that is beyond your control.  Since the problem in their yard can be fixed its not insurable for that reason.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM

When did they try to get flood ins. Not this weekend I hope.

I'm not sure it's too early to call my mom. She knows everything about it insurance but I'll call and see if she has any suggestions.

Oh and it's too late for this flood. You have to be insured prior to the weather event. Sorry. But I'll see what I can find out.

hatinnd
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Does ins. mean insurance?

illiana707
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM

They needed to check before they got the house. Some houses are in areas where it is very difficult if not impossible to get flood insurance. You pull a flood report on the house and it is classified as being in uninsurable or insurable zones. From the sound of things I am guessing no one wants to insure a property where they are most definitely going to pay out. That sucks for them though:(

gulfcoastmom4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Are they in a flood zone? When did they try to get the insurance?

hatinnd
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Quoting sherry132:

When did they try to get flood ins. Not this weekend I hope.

I'm not sure it's too early to call my mom. She knows everything about it insurance but I'll call and see if she has any suggestions.

Oh and it's too late for this flood. You have to be insured prior to the weather event. Sorry. But I'll see what I can find out.

That's what I was wondering?   The time to look for flood insurance is BEFORE the flood!   You can't buy insurance on a burning building either!    I've heard of flood insurance that's 'low risk' or something to that effect. I think it's for people who aren't in a flood plain.  They should check into that.

DO NOT buy a car from TOMMY DENIC from Roselle or Palatine ILL. You can see why on my page....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)