• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got a NEW CAR SEAT, but there is nothing saying it can be RF.HELP *UPDATE*

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:20 PM
  • 32 Replies

I bought the GRACO Nautilus, and I started reading the manual. There is nothing showing how to set it up for Rear Facing. Is there a way to set it up? or does it HAVE to be FF? My DS is 7 months old, but he is over 20lbs and is 27in tall, so he all ready exceeds the infant seat requirments, BUT if I cant Rear face him in the new car seat, what the heck do I do?

**Hello again, Well I went and bought another car seat. I didnt return the one I had allready bought. My DH said, "what the hell let s keep it, for the other car, when he can ride FF". So anywhoo, I ended up buying the Evenflo Triumph advance. I looked at the perks, and the price, and it was the same as the Myride65, and this one (evenflo) has the recline option, which i think is great great, and also its a little less bulky than the Myride.

THANKSTO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME!! ::HUGS::

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristy0833
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM

that seat dont rf only ff

mrs.legates07

you deff cannot rear face a nautilus.. i would return it and get a myride65 or something that can rearface the lil guy

joshlor2

NOPE that one is ONLY suitable for kids over one year old and 40 lbs

kristy0833

take it back and get a my ride

mikiemom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM

You install the carseat in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions anything else will enganger your child. If your child meets the height and weight requirements to be in a forward facing car seat - freaking put him in a forward facing car seat - you car seat women freak me out

JenB1983
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Quoting kristy0833:

take it back and get a my ride

Yup.  The Nautilus is ONLY for children that are over 1 year old AND 20lbs.

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on May. 2, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Did you miss the part where he is only 7 months? Aside from that being extremely dangerous, it is also ILLEGAL to forward face him.

Quoting mikiemom:

You install the carseat in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions anything else will enganger your child. If your child meets the height and weight requirements to be in a forward facing car seat - freaking put him in a forward facing car seat - you car seat women freak me out

JenB1983
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Quoting mikiemom:

You.

Are.

Wrong.

And are possibly putting a child at risk.  A child cannot LEGALLY go in a FF seat until they meet the minimum requirements of 1 year old AND 20lbs.  Period.  There is NO carseat on the market that allows for a child to be forward facing before their first birthday, no matter their height or weight.

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

ksmama88
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Quoting joshlor2:

NOPE that one is ONLY suitable for kids over one year old and 40 lbs

thats not true... the nautilus has a weight requirement of 20 lbs not 40 when using the harness.. when using as a booster the requirement is 40 lbs

charmgirl
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM

he's only 7 months old...he's not old enough to be FF

Quoting mikiemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)