Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What food should i buy with my last $10?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

I get payed again on tuesday so i just need to get stuff to last my DD and I until then!

We have enough Milk, a box of Mac n cheese, gronola bars, frozen broccoli and green beans, and some frozen chicken.

So what else should i get with my last $10 to hold us over until pay day?

Milk is the only drink we have...blech

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
becky0899
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM

BUMP!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on May. 2, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Well you could buy some hamburger or some frozen pizzas..

Addiemom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I personally would buy potatoes, sausage, and dried beans. That would make fried potatoes with sausage and use some of the sausage in beans. Pasta and spaghetti sauce, eggs. There are a few meals. :)

crystl_ring
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:27 PM

bread, pb and jelly. that is my sons fav food! and if you get whole wheat and 100% natural pb its a great meal with mik

clhelms
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM

If its just you and DD and just have to get through tuesday.  I'd make grilled chicken, m and c, and broccoli for dinner tonight and have left over chicken tommorow with green beans and then you'd just have to buy a side of some sort.  You could get some koolaid and sugar so you have something else to drink and maybe something else to snack on, popcorn or fruit snacks.  You should be able to do all that for 10 dollars.

mikiemom

Potatos - 1 or 2 $ for a 5lb bag - frozen mixed veggies 1.24$  - hamburger meat 1 lb - 3$ - pasta noodles -

ButterflyMeli

Spaghetti noodles and sauce?  Couple cans of soup like chicken noodle, bread for sandwiches maybe turkey or grilled cheese?

sillytime
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:30 PM

BUMP!

hollinicole
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:32 PM

How about some dry beans and cook them in the crock pot all day, yummy dinner and cheap! Flour and make some dumplings and maybe add some chicken.

Or you can get some pizza mix for less then a $1 and make a chesse pizza DD loves that.

Look at store ads and see has things on sale. I shop when then have things by one get one free.

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I'd buy rice. Goes well with broccoli and chicken. And maybe some more Mac N Cheese!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)