Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have an iPad or a Nook??

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am trying to decide which one to get!  Happy Birthday to me, from hubby! Can't find the iPad anywhere in town so he gave up and told me what he wanted to get me and then asked if I would rather have the iPad or the Nook.  And I just can't decide!  Quite a price difference, but the iPad does so much more fun stuff.  Other thing, is I have heard that iBookstore has a looooot less of a selection on eBooks for now.  Anyone heard any updates on the app Barnes and Noble is supposed to be releasing for the iPad?  I would appreciate any input.... which one you have and what you like/dislike about it.  One question, mightbe knid of dumb, but you can only have the iBookstore app on the iPad it looks like, so what happens if you run out of room for books??  Delete them?  Trying to decide which GB I should get if I go with the iPad too....  Appreciate any advice!  : )

marinesshooting photohula hoopexpecting girl
Love my honey      Always have your  Nathan 1/3/05   Crossing fingers 
with all my heart!     camera handy!     My little buddy      for a girl!!!!
Pregnancy%20ticker

Make a pregnancy ticker

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommytoNandA
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Hey, guess what?  I have a Nook.  :P  You should get a Nook b/c I can share books with ya!  Smooches!  LOL.

ButterflyMeli
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:39 PM

LOL  I had this funny funny feeling you would see this and reply first!!!  hahaha!! I am SOOOO torn though!  I know, the book sharing this is so awesome! Each of them both have thier own perks tho ya know?  I am just sooo torn!  He went to both Best Buy's last night and everyone is out and on order for 3-4 weeks!  So can't decide which one I want now..... Ahhh! haha

MommytoNandA
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM

LOL, the word Nook stands out to me!  If I could afford it I would get an iPad, but I love my Nook.  The iPad has the same e-reader as the Nook, or you can get the B&N e-reader app or something, not sure.  So I you can probably lend either way.  The Nook just upgraded it's software too, now it has a webrowser (though it is really annoying to use) and it has games, plus audio.  Hope that helps.  Message me later.  ;)

Quoting ButterflyMeli:

LOL  I had this funny funny feeling you would see this and reply first!!!  hahaha!! I am SOOOO torn though!  I know, the book sharing this is so awesome! Each of them both have thier own perks tho ya know?  I am just sooo torn!  He went to both Best Buy's last night and everyone is out and on order for 3-4 weeks!  So can't decide which one I want now..... Ahhh! haha

MommytoNandA
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM

PS:  I like the new siggy!

keljo05
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:48 PM

I have the Nook and love it 98% - a few things I'm not thrilled with, but they are minor. My large aggravation is the touchpad is slow when typing in something for the searches. I've put some odd searches in there.

I just bought a cover and it now feels more 'book like' which I do like a lot more. Weird, I know.

I also can find other formats on line and download and then convert them.. and upload to the nook using a free program called Calibre.

I love the compact aspect of it and the e-ink screen is very easy to read. One of the reasons I went with this instead of kindke was the size. I wanted something a bit smaller.

Nook just came out with a software update that added an option to read books (any) while in the barnes and noble store for an hour a day for free. PLus chess and soduko and a web browser. Not thrilled with the web browser but its definitely better for some things to look at online other then my Blackberry,lol.

I like the idea of the iPad, but don't want the size.. but may change my mind in a few years, lol

CafeMom Tickers

ButterflyMeli
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Sounded like B&N has an app for the iphone and itouch but nothing for the ipad just yet from what I read.  Surely it is coming tho I hope!  Gosh, no you ae making it harder to decide!  LOL  : P  Hey, you haven't replied to my last message yet.....hehehehe

PS Thanks, already feeling like I want a different siggy now tho....lol

Quoting MommytoNandA:

LOL, the word Nook stands out to me!  If I could afford it I would get an iPad, but I love my Nook.  The iPad has the same e-reader as the Nook, or you can get the B&N e-reader app or something, not sure.  So I you can probably lend either way.  The Nook just upgraded it's software too, now it has a webrowser (though it is really annoying to use) and it has games, plus audio.  Hope that helps.  Message me later.  ;)

Quoting ButterflyMeli:

Pregnancy%20ticker

Make a pregnancy ticker

ButterflyMeli
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM

BUMP!  No one has an ipad yet?? 

ButterflyMeli
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

BUMP!

moonorchid84
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

We have an IPad but I haven't used it much. It is definitely hubby's toy of the month, but we also have a Kindle and he says reading books off the Kindle is much easier and less strain on your eyes. I don't know what your looking for in either product, but reading wise, we vote for the Kindle or Nook. 

ButterflyMeli
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Really?  That is interesting that the Kindle/Nook is easier to read.  I am for sure wanting it mostly for reading book so that makes a big difference.  The iPad just does so much more fun stuff too tho!  lol  But thanks for the input, it sure helps!!

Quoting moonorchid84:

We have an IPad but I haven't used it much. It is definitely hubby's toy of the month, but we also have a Kindle and he says reading books off the Kindle is much easier and less strain on your eyes. I don't know what your looking for in either product, but reading wise, we vote for the Kindle or Nook. 

Pregnancy%20ticker

Make a pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)