Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gotta lose 11lbs before June 20th *Pics*

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:58 PM
  • 17 Replies

Dh and I are going to Vegas for our Annv in June and we were both wanting to lose some weight before then plus we plan to get prego then so I wanna get rid of this extra weight before I get prego so I dont' have so much to lose AFTER I have the baby...I've already lost over 60lbs from having ds in 07 and I've been trying on and off since last christmas but REALLY got going April 1st this year to lose this extra weight before june.

I forgot to take pics and messurements till the 18th.
Height- 5' 4.5"
Weight- 132lbs

Chest- 37"
Waist- 30"
Belly- 35"
Hips- 37"
Booty- 39"
Thighs- 19.5"
Biceps- 10"

I tried to blur my booty so yall didn't have to look at it

mini UPDATE 4-30-10
woo hoo!  I'm 131lbs and I've lost some inches...here are the new messurements(the ones that have changed, the rest are the same)

Belly- 32.5"
Hips- 36"
Booty- 37.5"
Pictures to come later

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2four1978
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM

The 30 day shred. It will make you hurt the first few days, but 11 pounds is easily attainable with it. It a video that only takes 20 minutes a day. You can get it at walmart, pick up hand weights as well. If you search this group for 30 day shred you find lots of posts about it.

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Congrats on the weight loss!  Are you doing any program, diet, excercise regime, etc?  Are you looking for tips or just support?   I am on my own weight loss journey and as of today I am down 89.6 pounds :-) 

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:09 PM

You look AWESOME : )

FranksHoney
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I agree! keep it up girl. I am also trying to loose some inches before my friend's wedding in July and my wedding in August. So I just got the P90X yesterday. But I had surgery yesterday, so as soon as I am all healed up, I will be starting it I just had my second baby in January and i only have one dress size to loose to get back down to my pre-pregnancy body. My ultimate goal is to get back to my body before I had my first DD 3 years ago. I am already very proud of loosing as much as I have, so that is keeping me motivated to loose the rest!

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

You look AWESOME : )

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
tatar
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM

goodlluck

EsmeVincent
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Thanks yall!  Well I'm doing a few different things...Dh is doing P90X but I have wrist, hip and neck issues so some of the workouts with that are a bit too hard or just put me in too much pain that I can't do SO...I do some P90X, Slim in 6 and I try to walk about 1.5miles a day.  I just started taking this supplment that dh found for me(he knows his meds and vitamins) and adjusted again(for like the 12th time) the way and what we eat and how much and so on(almost just like the P90X diet).

I'm looking for support and any ideas that could help.  And I plan to keep walking 1.5miles or more after I get prego to help keep the weight down a bit and keep it up with the good eating habits.  I know that yall will understand that its kinda hard to keep up the same diet when your 2yr old won't eat half the things you should be eating.

loves4mama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM

you look great! any tips or advice? ive been working on loosing the weight too and have only lost 10lbs since dec.. and my dh comes back in a few weeks and i really really wanted to get back to pre-prego weight but that means like id have to lose like 30-40lbs in a few weeks haha. i need some healthy recpies. i have 30day shred and ive been doing wii fit plus.

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I do weight watchers; but I also have been doing a lot of walking.  I bought a pedometer and make sure I get in 10,000 steps a day.  It took me a bit to finally be able to even do 10,000 steps; but once I was able to it is now a daily goal.   If 8pm comes around and I still am under 10,000 I get up and do some walking until I hit 10,000.  

I started out going for a mile walk in the morning, and then I decided to do walking challenges to make me up the mileage amount.  I did the march of dimes last weekend (which was 4.5 miles) and I have a 5k coming up in  a few weeks.   I started doing 2 miles a day a few weeks ago, and on this last Monday I started doing 3 miles every morning.   I know as my strength and stamina increase I will be able to increase my distance even more but time will become an issue since I do have to start work at 9am so now that I am doing 3 miles I will start timing myself and try to get the 3 miles done in a set time limit. 

I can't run/jog yet (tried to about 3 weeks ago and totally messed up my knee for a week- too much weight on it currently); but eventually I will be able to jog and then run it.

No matter how I felt emotionally I make sure I get out and walk, so don't let that ever get to you.  If you are crunched for time just do a shorter walk; but still get out there and walk.  You do have to listen to your body (which it seems you are) so if anything hurts obviously you need to back down from it.  

If you have the money you could get the body bugg (I WANT ONE SOOOOOOOO BAD) which you wear all day long and you pair it with your computer and it tells you EXACTLY how many calories you burned during the day and you input the foods you eat so you can see how good or bad you are doing.  They are pretty pricey (like $280 plus a monthly fee of like $15); but I still want one.

Quoting EsmeVincent:

Thanks yall!  Well I'm doing a few different things...Dh is doing P90X but I have wrist, hip and neck issues so some of the workouts with that are a bit too hard or just put me in too much pain that I can't do SO...I do some P90X, Slim in 6 and I try to walk about 1.5miles a day.  I just started taking this supplment that dh found for me(he knows his meds and vitamins) and adjusted again(for like the 12th time) the way and what we eat and how much and so on(almost just like the P90X diet).

I'm looking for support and any ideas that could help.  And I plan to keep walking 1.5miles or more after I get prego to help keep the weight down a bit and keep it up with the good eating habits.  I know that yall will understand that its kinda hard to keep up the same diet when your 2yr old won't eat half the things you should be eating.

EsmeVincent
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I really would advise anyone if they wanna lose weight quick is to start P90X and do the diet...There is a lighter version of P90X, it was the first one its called P90(Power 90) AND they do have a harder one that P90X its P90X plus.  If DH wouldn't kill me I would post a pic of him when we started, his body fat has already gone down 2.5% and his love handles have shunk too.  I just hope I'll have the drive to lose the weight again after #2

Solo_Fan
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Good Job!!!  keep up the good work!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)