Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help with something. Please read.

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am going to Florida in 3 weeks.  Me and my 2 year old son are going with my grandparents.  We are all going to be driving up together.  We will be there for a week.  I am trying to make a list of things to buy and things to pack.  Please, please help me.  My brain is not working.  I have never been to Florida, or traveled this far away from home.  What all do I need to take for us?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommymelissa76
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Lots of loose fitting clothes and bathing suits, but also bring something warm for at night, it can get chilly. Sunblock sunblock sunblock! Are you going to Disnry or Universal or something like that? If so I would highly reccommend one of those leash things because it can get very crowded....Have fun!!!

SThompson21
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM

toys for the ride is a good idea. pack snacks so you dnt have to stop so many times. bathing suits, warm clothing, and yes it can get chilly at night (not cold just a little cooler than it was during the day), camera, maybe some toys for the hotel stay (or whereever you are going to stay). where are you coming from? i drive from arkansas to alabama at least once a year.

mom22tumblebugs
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:06 PM

They have the same stuff in FL as where you live... stores etc. Don't worry, you forget something you can always buy it there. Pack what you would if you were going on a getaway... diapes, wipes, diaper cream (just in case), tylenol (just in case), shorts and pants, shirts and a jacket. Books, favorite toy, pjs, "blankie" or other comfort item..... if you have a dvd player for the car, it is really helpful on long drives. I like to have the kids use the headset so they can hear better and I don't have to listen to the kiddie movies. (I love/listen to watch Cars though on long rides)

allabout11708
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:08 PM

No.  We're going to Panama City Beach.  Emerald Isle.  Thanks!

Quoting mommymelissa76:

Lots of loose fitting clothes and bathing suits, but also bring something warm for at night, it can get chilly. Sunblock sunblock sunblock! Are you going to Disnry or Universal or something like that? If so I would highly reccommend one of those leash things because it can get very crowded....Have fun!!!

allabout11708
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM

We are driving to Panama City Beach from around Fredricktown Missouri.

Quoting SThompson21:

toys for the ride is a good idea. pack snacks so you dnt have to stop so many times. bathing suits, warm clothing, and yes it can get chilly at night (not cold just a little cooler than it was during the day), camera, maybe some toys for the hotel stay (or whereever you are going to stay). where are you coming from? i drive from arkansas to alabama at least once a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)