• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help from someone who isnt going to be a judging b**ch!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

I could use some help with finances. I dont have money to hire anyone and would chat and give my bill info to anyone that can help me figure out how to save some money! We are planning to move home in 2 years and need A LOT of money. Any takers? Some one with yahoo messenger would be great :) I cant pay but I will be VERY greatful :)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianasmommy07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Send me a PM.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I'm not sure I would be helpful. I do know that I got help from I think Airman and Family Readiness on base. They do have financial counselors and sometimes free financing classes.   here is a bump for you. 

mom2aspclboy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Well, I can't help you out with your finances, but I can tell you that the best advice I was ever given after graduating from college & landing my first job was to always pay myself first. So, ever since, before we pay any of our bills, I "pay" us first by transferring XX amount of dollars (the same every pay) into our savings account just as if it was another bill. If you can have the bank do it for you automatically, that's even better, because you can't miss what you never had to spend, kwim? Before you know it, you'll have enough to move.

Good luck!

alishabear0808
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM

If you still need help let me know! I would be happy to help you out!

jenniepepsi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:26 PM

i can help hon. i made a family run on 600$ a month, with me my ex husband and my DD who was 4 and 5 at the time. im pretty good at it :)

skylersmom05
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:27 PM

i went to a counselor i might have some helpful info if your military you will be able to get free help i went to the navy/marinecorps relief society and they typed up my budget its been pretty helpful i need to go again since things have changed so i can see where im at again, its been hard to follow a budget but we want to buy a house so were gonna have to.

krayzbabylove
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM

That is a fantastic idea! Im going to do that!

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Well, I can't help you out with your finances, but I can tell you that the best advice I was ever given after graduating from college & landing my first job was to always pay myself first. So, ever since, before we pay any of our bills, I "pay" us first by transferring XX amount of dollars (the same every pay) into our savings account just as if it was another bill. If you can have the bank do it for you automatically, that's even better, because you can't miss what you never had to spend, kwim? Before you know it, you'll have enough to move.

Good luck!

Kerfuffle
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Send me a PM.

m0ml0v3s2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:12 PM

not trying to be a b*tch but just offering a word of advice be careful how much info you give people over the internet, it might seem cliche but don't give any acct. #s ss#s I wouldn't even use specifics just generic terms like lights or utilities cause the smallest insignificant piece could tell someone exactly what they need to steal ur Identity and cost you everything.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Do you bank with USAA? They have financial advisers for free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)