Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much is your rent?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM
  • 95 Replies

How much is your rent and the city where you lived in? Is it a one bedroom , a house?

How is the school there? Fun places to go? Crime rate? Tornadoes? Jobs?

And if you have a picture of your town that would be great just to get  a glimpse of the neighborhood. That would be great.Thanks!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisNo1Fan
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM

1080/month. Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC. We have a 3 bedroom 2.25 bath townhouse about 1200 sq ft. We live on post. The crime rate in the area is high. It's terrible here. lol But don't have a choice :)

Before DH joined we paid 1300/month for 3 bedroom/ 1 bath bungalow style home about 1000 square feet. About 2-3 miles from the beach in Pinellas County FL. Good area, ok schools

tyra618
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Upstate NY and it's 575.00 a month.  We pay my fiances mom. 3 bedroom, 1 and half bath.  Living room dining room.  Football sized backyard. apartment and my mom rents upstairs.   Crime rate is so so but our schools are great.  My son's special needs pre school has been a blessing.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/lovelily45/ViciousDragonsWallpaper-1.gif
I didn't slap you.  I just high fived your face.

pearlmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Los Angeles Ca. I live in a two bedroom apartment with two baths.

My rent is $1350.00 per month no utilities included. The area where I live is pretty secure and gated. There are a lot of fun things to do and we are close to the beach, museums, malls, movie theaters, aquariums etc. We don't deal with crimes at all and no tornadoes

mom198005
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:25 PM

$400 a month 4 bedroom two blocks from schools and walking distance to pretty much anything in town I live in Missouri Really no fun places to go YMCA unless we want to drive about an hr

tatar
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Thanks! Sorry to hear :( That is a good price though for a three bedroom. What are the usual crimes in your area? Is it near Charlotte?

Are you familiar with Charlotte? how's the crime rate there? What are the usual crimes there?

Quoting HisNo1Fan:

1080/month. Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC. We have a 3 bedroom 2.25 bath townhouse about 1200 sq ft. We live on post. The crime rate in the area is high. It's terrible here. lol But don't have a choice :)

Before DH joined we paid 1300/month for 3 bedroom/ 1 bath bungalow style home about 1000 square feet. About 2-3 miles from the beach in Pinellas County FL. Good area, ok schools

gulfcoastmom4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM

200, schools are great, lots of places to go, very little crime, no real weather concerns, not sure about jobs.

the_kids_mom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM

we pay 370/mo.  its 3 br/2 ba, the schools are AWESOME, the crime rate is 0, except for the occaisional traffic stop!  I live in the mountains of Colorado, in the town of Fairplay.

Sophiaria
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM

900/mo includes all utilities except cable and internet. 3 bdrm 2.5 bath. Brand New House. Holloman AFB, NM :)

I am a Non Vaccinating, Montessori School Sending, gardening, photography loving, Non-Spanking, C-Section, Hard Working SAHM, pottery making, cloth diapers, spinning, pilates, yoga, play date arranging, organic eating, energetic, and loving teen mommy to a soon to be 1 yr old May 20, 2009 and wife to TJ.

bethanysmom1007
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I live in central IL and I live in a 2 bedroom 1 bath tiny duplex for $500/month.  Our town is about 11,000, and there's a few things to do here (rec center, river, quite a few parks, bowling alley, cute little shops uptown, etc), but we only live about 30 mins from a goodsized town, so we just go down there if we wanna do something fun!  We get tornados thru Illinois, but I don't think we've had one go thru this town(but then again, I've only lived her 1 1/2 years, so I'm not sure!).

ETA:  Schools are pretty decent, and the crime rate doesn't seem that bad...most of it seems to be stupid stuff like DUI's(that's REALLY popular here) and drugs.  I don't think though that we have major drug issues though...

skylersmom05
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:31 PM

about 2100/month utilities included its a 3br 2.5ba duplex on post crime rate is soso and  the school systems i have heard are not so great and we have hurricane watches every winter i live in hawaii

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)