• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so pissed At Rent A Center (a little long+ venting.)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM
  • 22 Replies

Okay, I am so pissed right now I am spitting fire. I am returning my new stove back to rent a center after one week into my lease. I signed my contract for a weekly payment plan. Because it was a new bill I honestly forgot about the payment that was due yesterday May 1, 2010. I answered their call no problem right. WRONG. The guy on the phone was extremely rude. I apologized because I forgot and said that I would be in on Thursday to pay the double payment because seeing as how i made a honest mistake I already paid my bills and didn't have the $30 for the payment. Well, he told me that if I didn't pay it by Monday at 6pm then they would come and get it. I said I thought I had a few day grace period and he told me no that they don't have a grace period and that when I signed the contract I agree to a no grace period. I said I'm a new customer and you won't give me a few day grace period for my mistake and he said that wasn't his problme.  I said Aarons sales and lease has a 5 day grace period for new and old customers. and he said if you don't like it go to Aarons. I said your not being fair to me, I'm a week old customer. He said if you don't like it go somewhere else. Then he said "I want my money by 6pm on monday and if I don't have it im coming to get the range." Then he hung up on me. I called a little while after that got the total for the payment and he said again to me "What time will u be in?" I said that i didn't know if i was gonna keep it and that I will let him know once I've decided. Then he said "I want a time that you will be here." I said my husband will be in around 3:30. He said he better be here. I hung up at that point and spoke with my husband. I'm going to Aarons tomarrow to find a stove and I'm going to take the money that was going to go to the payment for the stove at RAC and put it towards a 1st months payment at aarons. I love my stove but i'm not staying in a contract where the treatment is bad. I should have never went to RAC. I only went there because the stove was a little cheaper then aarons. I didn't realize that when you go for cheaper merchandise you also go for horrible customer service. That is a mistake I will never make again.  I should have stayed with Aarons where I know the customer service is good.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBoha
by Country Girl on May. 2, 2010 at 2:31 PM

You know you get so ripped off at those places. You end up paying double what it costs. Look on craigslist.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Quoting MommyBoha:

You know you get so ripped off at those places. You end up paying double what it costs. Look on craigslist.

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM

well...hes right. rude, yes, but right. if you signed the contract, you have no room to whine about it. its your responsibility to know what youre signing.

i love our rac. not all of them are bad. when my husband was laid off, we had problems with the benefits plus taking over. (extra insurance that you pay for, if youre laid off, they waive payment for up to 6 months) the main office kept fucking it up. they were told to come get our couches, but i told them no. just flat out, No. we went over it again, and they agreed to let it go for another few days. by this time it had been over 3 wks that the main office couldnt get their shit straight. they finally got it settled. theyve let us skip a week and make double payments before. they know us by name, and are never rude. ever. i like them.

queenamy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM

yepp.. id take it to craigs

mitty18
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:37 PM

i know it sucks, but you did sign a contract stating you agreed to a no grace period...you agreed to pay your bill on time, and not ask for a grace period...you knew before you signed the contract there was no grace period. I have never had a problem with RAC, but i warn you Aarons is not any better. They are total jerk weeds. My sister and her hubby got a TV from there and had nothing but issues with it, so they told them they wanted them to come get it cause they weren't going to fool with payin for something that isn't working right and they wouldn't do what they agreed to do in the contract and fix it or replace it. They gave excuse after excuse as to why they could not come get it....then one day the guy thats the manager at the store showed up and said that someone that worked at the store saw my BIL carrying an Xbox around and that if they can afford that then they should be able to afford their bill...he was a jerk and came to their house being very very rude and refusing to leave their property. They finally came and got it, and then sent them a paper stating that they had to finish paying off the lease for the TV even though they didn't even keep it. SOOOO i suggest if you want to change to someone else go to EZ rentals they are really great to do buisness with but they also have a no grace  period...

katzmeow726
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:39 PM

He had no right to be rude, but if it's in the contract, it's in the contract.  It doesn't matter if you are new or old to the company, you need to read and understand ALL the guidelines. I don't like Aarons or RAC, both do nothign but rip you off. 

mommyto2girls00
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Quoting MommyBoha:

MISSCHICA909
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I WOULD GET THE NUMBER TO THE DISTRIC OFFICE AND MAKE A COMPLAINT. HAT IS NOT EXCEPTIBLE.

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I have a washer/dryer from Aarons and everyone there is super nice, even if my payment is late.  I also agree that it is not worth the price to rent from these places and next time I'll probably buy something used like the other ppl said.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM

The guy was rude, but considering this was the very first payment and it was not made on time, the guy probably imagined that your late/non payment was going to be a recurring problem and wanted to make it clear to you that that was not acceptable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)