Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SPIN OFF of this will anger some.

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM
  • 22 Replies

***THIS IS FOR WORKING MOMS ***

In the event of divorce, your spouse losing his/her job or death.

WHAT IS YOUR BACK-UP PLAN? WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO LIVE OFF OF ONE INCOME???

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyEggoIzPreggo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Yes, I make enough money to support my children and myself alone. I also have a savings account.

25beengoodtome
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM

We are, it's tight, but we're gonna make it work.

college.mom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Mine is the only income.  My husband is disabled and we are still waiting on his disability to come through.

Kris_PBG
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Well - why would I have one income?

If something catastrophic happened to dh, we have life insurance so the surviving parent and the children would be OK...

If something happened to dh and I, we may need to sell our house and downsize as we need both our salaries to mange the mortgage and bills, but yes, I could get a smaller place and do it with cs.  We having savings that would keep us afloat if it was something more short term, as in a medical crisis.

I think EVERYONE needs a back up plan that is feasible.

marie85
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I am willing to bet most working people will not admit that they are very dependent on both incomes. Its not only SAHMs that need to be asked this question.

Kris_PBG
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Shrug - well you have a handful of replies from people with back up plans...

Quoting marie85:

I am willing to bet most working people will not admit that they are very dependent on both incomes. Its not only SAHMs that need to be asked this question.

ShadowLark
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Precisely.  How many moms who work say that they CAN'T stay at home because they NEED both incomes?  If SAHMs need a backup plan, so do they.

Quoting marie85:

Kris_PBG
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Of course.  Life is unpredictable.  Everyone should have a back up plan that is feasible and able to be done quickly if needed.

Quoting ShadowLark:

Precisely.  How many moms who work say that they CAN'T stay at home because they NEED both incomes?  If SAHMs need a backup plan, so do they.

Quoting marie85:

shecallsmemom04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:01 PM

we do live on one income, mine.  i work, my husband is a SAHD.  we have savings, we have health/disability/life insurance.  we have planned for pretty much everything.

will fight for animals

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Quoting marie85:

You would probably be right.  I would have to get a cheaper place or move in with someone and supplement my income with alimony and child support.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)