Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this make YOU a bad mom?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:13 PM
  • 44 Replies

I am not the lovey dovey type of person. I kiss my children when they go to bed, I praise them all the time..even when they are just sitting there watching TV. Does it make me a bad mom that I don't cuddle my children unless they are sick..I don't hug them all the time..Is that weird..is anyone else like that?

pregnancy
Pregnancy%20ticker

Join me at The Real Divas of Cafemom
http://www.cafemom.com/group/110070/forums/

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DEvjen
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:14 PM

It does NOT make you a bad mom.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 2, 2010 at 3:15 PM

It doesn't make you a bad mom. But I am always hugging and kissing all of my kids and grandkids......they probably hate it but.................. Oh Well........they only have to put up with it 50 more years, lol

MyEggoIzPreggo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Sometimes I feel bad..because I just don't do all that stuff. I see people hugging and kissing their children, and im not like that..

Quoting DEvjen:

It does NOT make you a bad mom.

pregnancy
Pregnancy%20ticker

caitxrawks
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:16 PM

No, some people aren't the touchy feely type. As long as they know you care (which it's obvious that you do!), they'll be just fine. I don't hang all over my daughter all the time either. She would get annoyed as hell. Me, her dad, and I are very independent people. The only time she comes for a hug is when she gets hurt. Works for us!

raegansmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:16 PM

It doesn't make you a bad mom at all, but if you know it is an area you are falling short, maybe put in some extra effort.

MyEggoIzPreggo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Thats exactly how my 6 year old is..Im glad im not alone!

Quoting caitxrawks:

No, some people aren't the touchy feely type. As long as they know you care (which it's obvious that you do!), they'll be just fine. I don't hang all over my daughter all the time either. She would get annoyed as hell. Me, her dad, and I are very independent people. The only time she comes for a hug is when she gets hurt. Works for us!

pregnancy
Pregnancy%20ticker

Sunshine172
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I don't like to play with my kids...

i cuddle them and all.. but playing.. just.. ugh.. what do I do ? how can I pretend to be interested in  such practical things? i praise them I do. but ..

playing with them is boring.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I don't think so.I am not touchy feely but I do try to offer words of encouragement.I have a really hard time with PDAs.I tell them I love them and do things to show I love them,I am just not touching them.I think the problem is,what if they turn out like me?

xXxLillithxXx
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:19 PM

My SO thinks I'm a bad mom because I hug and cuddle my son. Oh well. I can't help it. He's my little cuddlebug. I know in a year or two he won't wanna cuddle anymore.

lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I dont because he hates it. Every once in a while (usually when he's sick) my 2 year old will want to cuddle but if I try to cuddle with him and he doesnt it want it he'll start screaming . haha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)