Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twins, only hours old found at a fire station in my town...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM
  • 57 Replies

http://www.news-star.com/features/x359583324/Special-delivery-Twin-newborns-left-at-Shawnee-Fire-Department?img=4

What are your thoughts? My heart breaks for the mother and the babies =(.. I hope they go to a good family who will love and care for them like they deserve. I am also praying for the mother- She obviously cares about them, otherwise they could have ended up in a trash can somewhere. What are your thoughts?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I give the mother kudos for doing the right thing. I'm sure the babies will be fine, I just hope they don't get separated.

DreadyMom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I didnt read the article yet, but i am wondering... are there any of those "safe abandonment" type laws in your state? Where you can legally drop off a baby with out prosecution?

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM

that just kills me right now. i'd give ANYTHING to have my daughter alive and healthy next week. right now this is just sick to me, i just dont get it. i might be more understanding later, but right now i just cant be.

Kodysmommy928
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I am glad the mother did the right thing! 

MovalMomsADMIN

Quoting wickedfiress:

I give the mother kudos for doing the right thing. I'm sure the babies will be fine, I just hope they don't get separated.

StormiAnn
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Agreed. I hope they dont get seperated either- Wishing I was a foster parent about now.

Quoting wickedfiress:

retsillacam

Thank goodness for those safe havens!! i feel sorry for the mom. I can't imgine what she's going through to do that.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I think the mother did a good thing.

Trishintraining
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I'm glad their safe, and I'm glad she put them somewhere safe.

I hope their mother gets the medical care she needs, and that these babies find a safe home.

alexxxxx
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)