Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need help quitting............

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

smoking. I dont smoke in the house or around my kids for those of you who would like to bash.

I need some kind of plan or ideas how to quit. What is better...quitting slowly? Or cold turkey? I dont have much "will power" or I wouldnt be smoking to begin with. I would like to try electronic cigs, but they are expensive (yeah real cigs are more expensive, but dont cost that much in one purchase, and what if they dont work?) I have tried chantex...It works..well it helps..but Like an idiot I quit taking it after 2 weeks.....because it made me REALLLY sick feeling. (like throw up feeling) If any of you quit...how did you do it?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM

My husband used the gum.

Jessymessy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:50 PM

i used chantrix and the nausea sucked but i pushed thru it and quit. i thought it worked great. my suggestion for the nausea is to take it earlier than before bed and stay active for another hour or so after taking it. i feel like that really helped me thru the nausea.

otherwise here is something that i think helps:

write down 2 lists: 1 of all the regular cigs you smoke: in the car, after taking a crap, whatever the times are you always have to smoke

then another list of impulse cigs: when im stressed at work and need a quick breather, on a long car trip, when i am bored

then write next to each of these cigarettes what you are going to do instead of smoke a cigarette. then do that thing instead to get you thru that time. it helped my family, we were all smokers and i was the only one who used chantix and we are all quit now so it worked for them

Bobbymama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Just cold turkey it was hard but I don't think I could have done it any other way

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I don't know but when you find out ,tell me.I am thinking about hypnosis.

hedtrippe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I used chantix but got pregnant and couldnt take it anymore and started smoking again after I lost that baby

strongerthanB4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I'm on the gum and the patch

SIS213
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I know what you mean,i stop takeing those pills also. I am fighting this every day it is so hard to quite,some days i do great then i fall right off the wagon agan. wish i could help but i am trying to do the same as you . hugs to both of us .all i can say is keep trying. good luck....

Caitlinsmom09
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:59 PM
I quit cold turkey the day i found out i was pregnant. I had tried everything before but nothing worked. I just needed a little more motivation lol! I have to say that out of everything I tried gradual quitting was the worst and worked the least...GOODLUCK!!!!
lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I had to quit cold turkey. You can do it, I have faith in you. :)

Missing my Airman, come home safe. We love you& miss you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)