Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital urine test

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey ya'll  I had to go to the er last night because I was having severe cramps.  I am 7 dpo and the urine test came back negative.  Do you think I could still be pregnant because I thought it was too early to tell by urine.  they didnt want to do a blood test they said I didnt need it.  I'm very skeptic about taking the drugs they gave me for a uti if I am really pregnant.  Do you think I could be bc I have had bad back pain, nauseau, dizziness.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wubbunny420
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:49 PM

all those symptoms can be caused by your uti as well.

Solo_Fan
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I have  no idea

Chrystal_A

Yes! And I took medicine for a uti while preg,call your ob and talk to them-mine might of given me dif meds knowing i was preg.

Quoting wubbunny420:

lramey

Quoting wubbunny420:

I understand that, but they wouldnt even listen to me about taking a blood test! 

Jessymessy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:52 PM

this is true. also, check out the link in my siggy, those women are very knowledgable about this stuff. if you think you are pregnant though, i would say dont take the drug. it is still early, the earliest i have seen in the ttc group is 10 dpo with a faint positive

Quoting wubbunny420:

ShadowLark
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:54 PM

If you aren't pg enough for it to show up on a pee test, chances are VERY good that you and baby aren't sharing a blood supply yet - which means the meds are safe to take.  Just get a week's worth of Dollar Store tests and test EVERY morning before you take your pills.  The SECOND you see a line, call the OB for different meds if the ones you have aren't safe for pg.  GL!

ajzuell
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 3:57 PM

It could be to early to show up yet.  But since you was having severe cramps they didn't  wanna do a ultrasound maybe?

lramey
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM

no they didnt want to do anything, no bloodtest, no us nothing.  I saw the dr for less than 2 minutes and i was the only one in the er!  I mean wth cant u take a break from ur coffee for more than 2 minutes/

imamombygrace
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM

1. I would take the medication prescribed for a UTI. Both my dds have hereditary issues...oldest having two surgeries to correct her kidney/bladder issue. They take daily antibiotics...yearly VCUGs/Ultrasounds. UTIs left untreated can cause scarring of the kidneys. They can also cause an infection so bad to be hospitalized. Some think UTIs can be harmless and that is not the case.

2. If you feel there is a good chance you are pregnant...just take the antibiotics prescribed. Things like macrodantain and other drugs like Cepro are approved for those who are pregnant. I had UTIs all throughout both my pregnancies. I seem to have the most difficult time just during pregnancies. If unsure call your GYNO office and explain the situation to them...run the list of drugs prescribed to you to them...then have them pick the ones that are a must need to take.

3. I took a test with my second dd it was negative. I took another test just a few days later and it was positive.

Aamy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM

A UTI can mimic pregnancy signs. Have had them before. Even if you are pregnant, it would be way to early, the drugs wouldnt even get to the baby. And you can take them while pregnant. If you dont want to take them, drink A LOT and i mean A LOT of water, drink some cranberry juice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)