Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alright here it goes. All or nothing. Give me some tips please! Update #3 in green.

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM
  • 24 Replies

Monday I am going to officially start potty training my little man. He's 2.5 yrs old. I hear boys are much harder to potty train. He already goes number 1 and 2 on the potty but I have to tell him to go on the potty. He never tells me he has to go. So this week I am fully concentrating on him and the potty. No outings. No guests over. Just him, me, and the potty. So I guess I am kinda doing the three day potty thing but in my own way. Wish me luck and if any of you have any tips let me know. And I will probably be keeping track of his schedule on here.

Update #1

Well potty training started officially today. Had a few accidents but every timehe let me know and he was upset by them. We have also had lots of successful trips to the potty #1 and #2. It's a horrible time to do this as I just started that time of the month and it's hard to not get frustrated when there are accidents. But I have to get thru this for me and him. Right now he is in bed for a nap with no pull ups or diaper on. Ugh I don't see this going well but I have to start sometime right?

Update #2

So I went to work last night and hubby dealt with evening potty training. He says that he did great. A few accidents but just little leaks that he caught himself and then asked to go potty. Best news of all is that he went to bed in underwear and he woke up DRY this morning!!!!! So happy! Hopefully today goes great! So far no accidents.

Update #3

Yay what a great day. Only ONE accident! How awesome is that? Of course it was #2 so it was a messy accident but it was early in the day so I think he may be getting it. And today he learned to pee standing up which is way easier for the both of us! Hopefully he wakes up in the morning dry also. Fingers crossed.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kittygurl1234
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM

No advice? None?

raegansmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I waited until DD was 3 & she was potty trained in a day-she was finally ready!  The only advice I can think is give him a drink & see how much time passes before he pees.  Use this as a guide so you know when he will need to go.  Don't let hime just graze on drinks all day.  Good luck!!!

kittygurl1234
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

BUMP!

kittygurl1234
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM

BUMP!

lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I waited till a month before his 3rd birthday. We are now in week 3, and he was doing great up until his dad left for deployment a few days ago. I think once we get back into the normal swing of things he'll do better again.

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM

let him run a round with no underpants. It helped my baby pottytrain.

lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Oops forgot to add my tip. haha Just put him in underwear. Skip the pull ups. One day I had LO in pullups and he said "Mommy, I no need to use potty. I hab on my pull up!" lol Then I knew they had to go. Make sure to give tons of praise *& even a small reward* for going potty but do not punish if he has an accident.

highbridgemom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Good luck!  I would not let him drink constantly all day.  Let him not wear pants the first couple days, or at least stretchy pants/shorts that are easy to get on and off.  That way it is easier for him to get on the potty when he feels the urge.  Get some plain undies for training, and let him pick some fancier ones for a reward for 2 accident free days, or whatever you think is appropriate.

kittygurl1234
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM

yeah no pull-ups here. I see no point in them. Thanks for the tips!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Oops forgot to add my tip. haha Just put him in underwear. Skip the pull ups. One day I had LO in pullups and he said "Mommy, I no need to use potty. I hab on my pull up!" lol Then I knew they had to go. Make sure to give tons of praise *& even a small reward* for going potty but do not punish if he has an accident.

SP_Mama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I will say Good Luck.  My son is 3.5 and still not potty trained.  I have a stubborn son.  *L*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)