Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pottytraining (FRUSTRATED)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:13 PM
  • 21 Replies

How do you guys do it??? Omg I'm so frustrated right now. I've had kaden in panties or manties lol for the past 2 days and up until then he's gone pee in the potty a few times and he knows that poop and pee go in the the potty. He peed his pants all day yesterday minus a few times I had him on the potty and he happened to go. I praised him and gave him a treat and everything. He refuses to poop or pee or tell me he has to go. He's peed in his pants 3 times already today despite spending plenty of time sitting on his potty. I finally gave up I've run out of panties until I finish the laundry and I put his diaper on him. He pooped in it immediately. WTF he waited all day until he has his diaper on to poop in it. I've attempted potty training before this week a couple times. I don't know if he just isn't ready or what. But SO thinks he should be punished when he pees his pants and I disagree. But being patient doesn't seem to work either. He even laughs about it when he pees his pants. I think he'll be in diapers until he starts school. -sigh-

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xXxLillithxXx
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM

BUMP!

maxensmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:18 PM

BUMP!

Ashley728
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM

BUMP!

I'm having potty training issues, too. My daughter is ALMOST there...except...she thinks she has to be completely naked! If I put panties on her..It's game over! This might work but...we're humans, we HAVE to go out in public from time to time LOL.

Good luck hun, I know its frustrating!

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM

You are right, don't punish him for peeing in his pants.  We used the 3 day method and it worked great for us.  If you like I can send you a copy of the ebook, just PM me with your email address.  My dd was about 2 1/2 when we potty trained her.  Every once in awhile she will still pee her bed at night, but I can count all of those time on my fingers.

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

QTMakaylasMom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM

It takes ALOT of patience...and underwear! lol With my dd, I just put her on the potty every half hour...usually in between her cartoons. We gave her plain m&m's everytime she went and did a potty dance for her. One suggestion I have is that you take it outside since the weather is getting nice...let him run around in underwear and if he pees, you won't have to clean up carpet/floors everytime. Just make sure that you take him inside to get him cleaned up and show him where he's supposed to go EVERY TIME. hth

kittygurl1234
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM

can I pm you my address too? I am going to start on monday and I wanted to do something like the three day method.

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

You are right, don't punish him for peeing in his pants.  We used the 3 day method and it worked great for us.  If you like I can send you a copy of the ebook, just PM me with your email address.  My dd was about 2 1/2 when we potty trained her.  Every once in awhile she will still pee her bed at night, but I can count all of those time on my fingers.

lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Just dont give up. Keep him in the underwear. It took us 3-4 days before Elijah got tired of peeing/pooping in his undies.

sweetwatertaffi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

if he laughed when he peed his pants then he is old enough to be punished. he most likely feels he is getting attention for doing it. and its becoming a game. i had to train one of mine and my grandson to help me kill the weeds in the yard.lol that is until my grandson saw weeds in the flowers at walmart gas station and precided to kill the weeds there :[ boy was that embarrasing. but he no longer wets himself! keep a small chair that is for timeouts and use it only when he poops on himself  put him directly in the chair after telling him that is nasty and bigboys use the toilet. dont say alot that just gives him attention. good luck

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on May. 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

of course

Quoting kittygurl1234:

can I pm you my address too? I am going to start on monday and I wanted to do something like the three day method.

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

shyfox19
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM

What's the 3 day method?

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)