• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like ripping my face off!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

I love my daughter, dearly. I really do...But this potty training crap is driving me up a wall...backwards!!!

My daughter will be 3 in June. She's been interested in potty training for quite some time now..and she does really well...WHEN SHES NAKED! If I let her run around this house all day, everyday, 100% naked, she'll go to the potty...no problems! But the minute I put "big girl panties" on her..you can bet your sweet rear end, that she's going to pee, or number 2 IN them! I just cant win. I don't know what to do.

I've heard girls are easier to potty train, but I also know..that all kids are different! My son was a BREEZE compared to this. I'm just ready to scream. Any advice?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marshakay
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM

bump

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Ashley728
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

BUMP!

Laceymom08
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM

BUMP!

s.t.e.p.h
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I hope this isn't the case for us..our boys weren't potty trained until they were almost 4. My daughter just turned 2.

Here's a bump!

lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM

My son was the same way. Stay away from pull ups! Those didnt get us anywhere. I'd just let her keep having accidents and eventually she'll get tired of having them as well. Gross, I know. But it worked. By day 4 Eli started getting grossed out and would finally go in the potty!

Missing my Airman, come home safe. We love you& miss you.

juansmommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM

im in a similar boat. my son pretty much trained himself once he was ready, my daughter will be 3 in december and she wants to be naked constantly, if you put under wear or pull ups on her she'll hide them and she wont go in the potty period. here a bump

memento_mori
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM

BUMP!

Lullababy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM

be consistent, don't get emotional, don't punish or reward just act like it's normal to pee on the potty.  When she has an accident, calmly explain how she needs to help clean it.  When she is wearing panties you need to say "it's time to go potty", using it as a transition from one activity to another.  She will get the hang of it.  Really just keep your cool, don't get overly excited either way.  When you get to a destination always stop at the potty before and after.  Never use pull ups unless it's sleeping time.  Put a lap pad in her car seat in case of accidents.  Bring extra lap pad and clothing for the inevitable accident.  I have potty trained 5 dc by 2 1/2.  My hardest was my dd because she started early around 18 months but really wasn't ready and after a few weeks she was done so we tried at age 2 and it was a success in a matter of a few weeks.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM

She will get it sooner or later. Every child is completely different...give her some time. I had one of my girls that was completely potty trained regress and then had to be re-trained.

You don't wanna really rip your pretty face off do you?????

BTW your Avatar is sideways and I always get a crick looking at the avatars that are sideways....do you ladies do that on purpose, lol

sharisse
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM

my son did the EXACT same thing, just keep trying she will do it.. just put up with yucky underwear a little longer.. he just turned 3 a week ago and has been doing good for about 3 weeks now with no accidents..

have you tried rewarding with like candy or something?

ohh and giving him underwear as a 'present" from the easter bunny helped too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)