Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help....fast....please

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

So over the past week a robin has been building a nest on my back porch right on top of the light which sits right next to our door.

I kept knocking the nest down because I did not want her there.

Well today I went out and there it was once again. I looked inside and there is an egg in it now.

Well my grill sits right under the light and I went out to start the grill today and the damn robin dive bombed me and almost grabbed my hair.

What should I do? I need to have access to my back porch but I feel bad moving the nest with an egg in it?

Help please

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Tell her she is trespassing..........

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM

wow i really don't know. shes made her home there now. lol could you move the grill ? if you don't want to move the nest i mean.

gludwig2000
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Me, I would leave it alone. Once the egg hatches, it won't be long before they abandon the nest anyway. But then, that is me.

jaysonsmommy15
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I wish.....i need to get on the porch but the last time i tried she literally almost grabbed my hair...almost made me pee my pants

Quoting laranadtony:

my2sons2007
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

If you touch the nest she won't come back.  Can you move your grill?  It's only for the summer, can't you work around her :-(

jaysonsmommy15
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM

The main problem is that the nest is right beside the door. Anytime the door opens the robin gets up and starts chirping and freaking out.

Quoting littleluvkitty:

wow i really don't know. shes made her home there now. lol could you move the grill ? if you don't want to move the nest i mean.

jaysonsmommy15
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I want to leave it I really really do. One major problem is we dont have access to our back door since she attacks every time we walk out

Quoting gludwig2000:

Me, I would leave it alone. Once the egg hatches, it won't be long before they abandon the nest anyway. But then, that is me.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Quoting jaysonsmommy15:

I wish.....i need to get on the porch but the last time i tried she literally almost grabbed my hair...almost made me pee my pants

Quoting laranadtony:

Well,if I was a bird and some human said that to me.I would not want my baby bird around them.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

MeandB
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

just use an umbrella when walking outside... at least you won't get hit. and I would move the grill asap anyways because there will be a lot of droppings soon.

jaysonsmommy15
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)