Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you trust your in laws with your kids?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM
  • 96 Replies

Well do you trust your in laws or is your own family you don't trust with them?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamombygrace
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

My inlaws...they are the only ones allowed to watch my girls. I don't trust my family to watch them at all.

StillMagnolia

My MIL and her SO- yes

My FIL and his wife- no

My parents only if it's not going to be for an extended period of time.

jillbailey26

My MIL yes, because we're close.  My FIL, no, because he's only seen our kids once.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

sillytime
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I don't trust my MIL she has mental problems and I won't leave them alone with her!

lovinmykiddo07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Yes I trust them. I trust in-laws & my immediate family. Actually MIL is going to be watching him when SO & I take our cruise in October.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM

yes. my in-laws are great with the kids. it's either them or my sister and BIL. other than that? i dont trust anyone with my kids. you never know these days.

AMarineLovesMe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Yes and no lol.  Some of the things my in-laws do/don't do as far as raising kids annoys the crap out of me, so leaving DS with them for long periods of time isn't something I would do even though I love them to death.  But for a few hours here and there I'm fine with, maybe even a day.  My parents I could leave DS with forever and not even think twice about it.

babies

xtwistedxlovex

Eh...I both do and do not trust DBs parents; it's complicated. As for my family, I totally trust my parents and some siblings, but there are a few I would not want alone in the same room with him, much less babysitting.

lisa601
My youngest has type 1 diabetes. My parents learned how to take care of him, ILs did not so we don't leave him alone with them.
krise
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I do for the most part, they hardly ever take my kids... Now my dh's brothers 5 kids, they have no problem taking and having them sleep over... I guess they need it more then ours.... *sarcasm, of course.*

I do not trust either of my younger brothers with my kids. They are 29 and 21, both morons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)