• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He came out of the closet...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

Last night I went to one of my very good friends birthday party. I have known him for close to 12 to 15 years. Went to middle and high school together where we were really close. We're still close but dont get to talk as much as we used to. Well last night my sister was a little tipsy and was hitting on our female friend. My friend asked if she was bi and I said only sometimes. So he pulls me aside and tells me that he is bi. I've known this for years but never said anything to him about it. But he told me he waited so long to tell me bc he didnt want me to hate him. I would never ever hate anyone for who they love, or their sexual preference. I was just shocked that he didnt tell me bc he was afraid to tell me.

Just wanted to share bc it still amazes me that someone would hate someone bc of something so stupid as that.

This is me and him at the party. (It was an 80's/white trash party.He's white trash, I'm 80's Lol)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SThompson21
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

:( i knew a guy that was killed (very brutally and in a horrible manner) because he was gay. it was horrible and devestated the entire town. he was such a great guy

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM

If I were you, I'd ask him WHY he thought you would "hate" him because of it. .. because I would be upset that a friend of 15 years didn't know me well enough to know I wasn't like that.

crazyangel_52
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM

my best friend from high school hid the fact that he was gay for a few years after high school. he told one of our other firneds he was gay and she told him if he wasen't just another gay person he should be dead. he thought i would be the one that would not want to talk to him anymore.

my2sons2007
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

If I were you, I'd ask him WHY he thought you would "hate" him because of it. .. because I would be upset that a friend of 15 years didn't know me well enough to know I wasn't like that.

This..........when my adopted brother (really a friend from highschool my mom took in) came out i was like "FINALLY" and we laughed i love him to death, and he always knew he cld tell me anything.

lexismum03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM

wow Some people are just so unsure because everyone has a different reaction to one coming out. IMO its not a big deal. To each their own! Gay, Straight, Bi its not my place to judge! People are so horrible sometimes!

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I remember when my BEstie told me he was gay. We where in art classs in HS, I was in SHOCK!! but I felt happy that he could confide in me something like that, I was the one who helped convince him to come out to everyone else! He was miserable pretending to be straight, and I only wanted to see him be happy.

Solo_Fan
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I agree... that is stupid to hate someone for.

southernjess3
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM

a friend of mine came out as gay...we were all like "duh, we know" lol....

SnappyKaliZai
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Aww, that would hurt me alittle I think, if a friend told me they didn't trust me with the truth of their sexual orientation. Especially if I'd known them for so long. BUT I can kinda understand how hard that would be. I never personally went through it, but a friend of mine in high school got severly isolated because she was very open with her sexual orentation. It was hard on her and hard on me to see her go through it.

ojac
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I feel so bad for people who hide their true feelings because they are afraid their family or friends won't accept them.  I really hate it when someone is out of the closet yet has to remain in the closet at work for fear of repercussions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)