• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this upset you?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have to pay property tax (first half) this week, then I have a gas bill, then water, and so I asked dh how much he would have to spend this week for work and he said, "I don't know about 200?" (dh is self employed)  So I said, ok I won't be going to the store this week because with what you are spending plus bills thats all your pay this week.  He said, "yes you are going to the store. We have more money than that don't we?" I said no becuase we have eaten through winter savings and the season is starting slow for work so I haven't gotten a start on building it back up yet.  He said, "What is our exact balance?" and I told him an estimate because I haven't balanced the checkbook yet or added some of his work receipts into quicken yet.  Well he said, "Well I am sure we have more than that, you were wrong last week on how much we had and you haven't gotten it right for a year anyway."  That was really hurtful!  I was NOT wrong last week.  I told him how much we had and he looked at the account and we had more becuase a check hadn't gone through yet.  The only time I get our balance wrong is when I haven't added something into quicken yet.  so I will tell him our balance and then tell him to subtract what he bought for work. I feel like what he said was really inconsiderate and mean.  Would it upset you?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
anetrnlov
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Hand the finances over to him.

MommyToEthan
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:41 PM

no, it wouldn't bother me.

my husband always thinks we have more money than we do because he forgets about checks that have not cleared yet.

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM

no

andreamarie
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Its a man thing they do/say and then think.

Thats why they have moms then us.

ignore him. calmly insist you sit down together one day a week and go over the accounts together. Then you will have a much closer opnion of your finances than guess work.

Men are from mars & wemon are from venus is more factual than I used to believe.

good luck.

Besides incase of an emergency both of you need to know whats there and isn't there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)