Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well now that's just odd*edit*

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:43 PM
  • 57 Replies

I'm sitting here slightly freaking out that my 3 yr old starts singing that church song...blah blah blah cos the Bible tells me so....I don't even know the words and he's singing it so quiet....

It's just very jarring to me..being that I was agnostic until he was born pretty much...I've dedicated him to Christ and everything but it it still...i hate to say it...unsettling to me that he's singing this song. He wants me to sing along and I can't because i don't even know the words. Part of me is freaking out that he's going to be closed minded like SO many other Christian people I know. oh goodness....this weekend is just killing me!!

**DS did learn the song in his class room he goes to while I go to service so I know where he learned it. And a big THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HAVE POSTED THE LRYICS TO THE ACTUAL SONG!! Although I'm not a fan that the song tells kids that they are weak. what a way to get them in a great frame of mind...

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GracieLullaby27
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:43 PM

maybe it's just that I'm not the one that taught him the song?

Wistful
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I am confused, why did you dedicate him if you don't believe?

jillbailey26
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM

And what if he's not close minded?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Not all Christians are closed minded.I don't see how he will be with an agnostic mom.

aj23
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I don't know the whole song either but I know part of it is:  Jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so.  I don't think it'll make him close minded. You have a bigger influence on him than the church does.

highbridgemom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM

My kids know more bible songs than I do.  All you can do is teach him your beliefs, and let him make his own choice as to what religion that he chooses to follow. 

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Jesus loves me when I'm good ,when I do the things I should,Jesus loves me when I'm bad,though it makes him very sad(chorus)that is the 2nd verse.

thisloveofmine
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM

confused

bibdybobdyboob
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I don't go to church and I have some wonderful, amazing Christian friends.  They are not close minded at all. 

Have fun with it.  Let him teach you the words and then you can sing it together.

romanceparty4u
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Sometimes kids are smarter....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)