• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Indoor playgrounds...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

The BX at the air base we are stationed at is pretty nice. They have an indoor playground next to the food court. So a friend & I took our kids to play there yesterday since our plans to go to the park were ruined by the rain that never seems to cease in Washington.

They were playing for about 10 minutes and another child says "Eww there is poop on the slide!" Being a mom and a daycare provider I'm usually prepared for anything. I took some gloves out and picked the poop up off the slide, after checking to make sure my almost 3 year old wasnt the one who pooped! I had some disinfectant wipes so I wiped it off.

Then some older kids came in, played for about 5 minutes and told their mom, "Ew there is poop at the top of the slide!" So I went and told management. That is so gross. I just wonder how long it was there.

So anyway, the point of my post is to double check things out before your kids play in places like that. It was pretty gross.

Missing my Airman, come home safe. We love you& miss you.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Chrystal_A
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Thanks for sharing.We have a mc donalds w/ outdoor playground and Ive BEEN in there and there is nothing alarming,some graffiti.The playplaces indoors we go too are super busy so it would be reported quickly and taken care of,I could see the danger if there wasnt so many kids there and a toddler went up and found poop and no one had told.BUT then again the more kids the more of a chance for things like that!

mitty18
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM

thats why my two year old doesnt go to indoor playgrounds without me. That and the fact he is disabled, and needs a lot of extra help.

Amom4BabyDude
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Eeeewww...though that could happen anywhere I guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)