Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE OPEN!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have made a lot of posts about my SO. Everytime I am told to leave him. I have started to pull away from him and getting things out of his name and into mine.

Well, last night, he finally opened up to me. He thinks he is depressed. He feels like a failure and whatnot because of the current situation(s). I guess a few weeks ago, he even conteplated suicide, and went as far as sitting on a bridge.

I want to get to him help, and see if that solves a lot of our issues. The problem is that he has no insurance, and currently is on unemployment, so not much money either.

How can I get him help?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PatriciaofMN
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM

There is a number you can call its 211 and they will be able to direct you to a non profit organization that will be able to help you get counseling on a scale fee like if you can afford $5 then that is what you pay.  Also, the United Way is a great source too.  Good luck and I am so glad that your husband finally opened up to you, it had to take alot of guts. 

krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Thank you! Does 211 cost money? I have never heard of it.

momof5inohio
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Also, you can call your local county and go through the county mental health. They will provide services on a sliding scale. If you can't afford any payment they will not charge you. Or give you a slight payment it all depends on your income.

JesusFreak3345
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Doesn't cost anything to talk to a pastor or a friend...

PatriciaofMN
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM

211 is free, its a great resource center that provides help for people that are looking for counseling, etc... I believe 211 is a service that is offered by United Way. 

Quoting krystlzd3:

Thank you! Does 211 cost money? I have never heard of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)