• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weird habits?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:00 PM
  • 15 Replies
Do you have a weird habit or quirk, or maybe something OCD related that you think no one else has/does?
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I have lots of quirks.

michellet911
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Me too! That's why I want to see if I'm the only "weirdo"! haha
bugnroosmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I have a few. Some are common and some aren't I guess. I do the whole paranoid OCD's. like checking the windows and locks 4 times before I can go to sleep.

Also my "weird" one is I have a uncontrolable urge to clear my throat, constantly. I have a bad gag reflex and if I don't do it, i will dry heeve like I'm choking.(YES, I know it is gross). If I could I would stop doing it

bethanysmom1007
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I have to pick scabs.  I can't explain it, but I have a bad habit of doing it, even on my kids(I know I'm horrible!!)   lol

bethanysmom1007

Oh, and no i don't do anything gross like eat them either!!!

michellet911
One of my daughters does that clearing her throat thing you're talking about! We look at her when she does it and she says "What? I can't help it"! ( I actually used to do it years ago, guess it's hereditary).
michellet911
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Oh my gosh! My other daughter use to pick scabs too! Are you guys my kids?
SThompson21
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

mine is related to smells lol. my shampoo and condition have to smell the same and they must also smell like the soap i use (they at least have to blend well together). my carpet fresh, airfreshener, plugins, and potpourri all have to match too. im not sure why lol

Christy78
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Mine is checking all the window doors and make sure the garge door is shut   and locked .  and I also sleep with a Base ball bat under my bed. Because a Month a go  about 12 am in the morning  some was Knocking  on my  door  like banging on it .

bugnroosmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I also have this "matching OCD".

My panties have to match my outfit,like if i have on a pink top, i have to have pink panties, or white.

And if i change my top, i will get undressed and change my undies. My sister says I am NUTS but oh well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)