Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craigslist STRANGER Is Coming To My House......*edit*

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM
  • 85 Replies

My husband is having some one come to our house to look at our boat for sale. I don't want people coming to my house that I don't know. I told him I don't want strangers coming to our house and he still has this person coming. What should I do? I am so upset right now!

Have you ever sold anything on CL? 

What did you do?

*edit: He said he would move it to the empty lot every time someone wants to see it :0) Thanks ladies

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jsjnowell
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Wow Do you need a Xanax?  lol     It will be fine   We have sold ALOT of stuff  But noone is EVER allowed inside for anything!

trishasjunebug
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM

It's kinda like a yard sale, a TON of strangers stop by your house. If you are going to sell it, you have to have strangers stop by. If you are concerned, lock your doors while he's there and keep an eye out I guess, and a phone in hand.

brbrowen

lol stay inside the boats not inside is it they dont need to come in your house.

usafwife314

I've had many people from CL come to my house.  Is your husband going to be there?

Rmiddelton

I have sold stuff through craigslist and yes I have had them come over to my house before. Probably not the best idea, but luckily they weren't weirdos or murderers. I probably would be upset too if my husband did that and disregarded how I felt about it.

sillytime

Maybe I should take one! LOL I just don't like the whole thing!

Quoting Jsjnowell:

Wow Do you need a Xanax?  lol     It will be fine   We have sold ALOT of stuff  But noone is EVER allowed inside for anything!

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on May. 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Maybe go lock yourself and your children in your house while he is outside with the person???  I don't know what to tell you other than that and yes we have sold things on Craigslist.

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

lol yeah I had strangers come in my house to pick up a washer/dryer and a chandelier.  I didn't even think about it, but I'm just too trusting.

manda0424
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Ummm, yeah... I get stuf and sell stuff on CL all the time! LOL You need to chill, it's gonna be ok!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I think you are over reacting just a bit... Not all strangers are bad people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)