Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MMR Vaccines

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM
  • 16 Replies

My ds received the MMR Vaccine April 16th and just started getting the rash yesterday. Today the rash seems to be fading BUT he's still sleeping like crazy. I'm pretty worried about him. The past 4 days he hasn't been doing anything other than wanting to sleep. Did anyone else's children have symptoms? (Btw, he's 12 months - and no bashing because I did get it. I'm just looking for advice on what I can do to help him) He also feels kinda warm but not enough to be feverish.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rmiddelton
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Yes my twin boys got feverish and slept almost all day and most of the next day. They were pretty tired for awhile too. I did call the ped and he said if the fever got over 101 to bring them to the ER but it never went over 99. 

Amom4BabyDude
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Sorry...didn't have any problems with it.  But here's a bump.  P.S. I think it's responsible to get it so no bashing here.

JMVITT
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:35 PM

My kids never got the rash so I don't know.  Here is a bump!

By the way, anyone who bashes you for doing something you feel is in the best interest of your child is not worth your time.

manda0424
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM

My sona had no reaction. But I would say that if he does not have a fever and is not in pain, he should be fine. Just let him rest.

MOMby19
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:38 PM

i would call the doc... 4 days later is a long time to be having a reaction to a vaccine.

LostInYour
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Quoting MOMby19:

i would call the doc... 4 days later is a long time to be having a reaction to a vaccine.

actually it's been happening for four days...and the reactions to this don't usually appear until 7-12 days after.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tinker_Jo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Watch him. Kids who have a reaction may also have seizures. A seizure is when the entire body goes rigid and his eyes are blank, and he would be very sleepy after the seizure. I hope I'm not freaking you out by writing this. It's rare for a kid to have this reaction. Still, if he's having seizures you do not want to give this boy his second MMR later. Your boy is probably just fine. I was told to give my kids Tylenol if they got a fever. They were fine, just sleepy.

LostInYour
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Thank you all. :D

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Take a stocking and fill it with oatmeal and wet it with warm water and put it on the rash.The put the stocking over the spigot with the oatmeal still in and let the water run through the oatmeal and bath him in that.

jahvarzionmomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM

he got it about 2 weeks ago. i doubt the symptoms are related take hem to his ped

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)