• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone use a bread machine?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a bread machine that I bought at a yard sale for $5.00. I have only used it a couple of times, and I used to have a manual for it, but I can't find it now.

I'm wanting to make some bread today, and I need a good recipe... I was hoping to do a honey white bread, but am open to any suggestions. =)

Also, I need to know what order to put the ingredients into the bowl.. I can't remember how they go in.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsReed09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I used to just buy the breads in the box and make them that way. It was easier.

1busymomma03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM

That does sound easy, but I was wanting to make some today...and I'm too lazy to go to the store. LOL.

I should have everything I need on hand, and I have found a few recipes now. I just can't remember what order to put the stuff in the machine... I wonder if it really even matters that much???

Quoting MrsReed09:

I used to just buy the breads in the box and make them that way. It was easier.

1busymomma03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM

BUMP!

smalltowngal
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Sorry, I make bread by hand but here's a bump for you. :)

Lullababy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM

You can download the manuals.  Just google your make and model and key words like manual or recipe.

mikiemom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Funny that you ask, I have a honey white bread in the bread maching right now. Put all ingriedients in the container in the order given starting with the milk. This is for a 2lb loaf - I have measurements for 1 lb and 1 1/2 pound if you need it.  

1 1/4 cup milk - (heated slightly

3 TBS vegetable oil

3 TBS honey

1tsp salt

3 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp dry yeast.

this is for a 2 lb bread maker - I usually set mine to the dough setting but it is just as good coooked in the bread machine.

1busymomma03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Oh, no do bread makers come in different sizes?? LOL. How do I know what size mine is? I guess I need to google it..

Quoting mikiemom:

Funny that you ask, I have a honey white bread in the bread maching right now. Put all ingriedients in the container in the order given starting with the milk. This is for a 2lb loaf - I have measurements for 1 lb and 1 1/2 pound if you need it.  

3 TBS vegetable oil

3 TBS honey

1tsp salt

3 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp dry yeast.

this is for a 2 lb bread maker - I usually set mine to the dough setting but it is just as good coooked in the bread machine.

1busymomma03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Cool. Thanks.

Quoting Lullababy:

You can download the manuals.  Just google your make and model and key words like manual or recipe.

mikiemom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM

It should say the size on the interior container.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Oh, no do bread makers come in different sizes?? LOL. How do I know what size mine is? I guess I need to google it..

Quoting mikiemom:

3 TBS vegetable oil

3 TBS honey

1tsp salt

3 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp dry yeast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)