Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You people allow these Strangers to come to your home?EDIT***#2

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM
  • 228 Replies

What about your safety? your childrens safety? Seriously. I'm all for selling and buying off craigslist, but it won't be at my home, nor would I go into an unknown home... yes the mail man, ups man, exterminator, etc come to your home, but they are all background checked and employed, these are complete strangers. I think that's crazy. Think of what could happen that ONE time... that worry is enough for me to protect my children and myself. just sayin.

EDIT***You guys crack me up.... I know there are a MILLION ways people will get killed or robbed whatever... if you get robbed, you get robbed... Im talking about being home and inviting people who are unknown over and possibly into your home.... WHILE your children are there.... Its not about them knowing where you live or that you have children, any one off the street can watch me enough to know where I live and that I have children. seriously... you aren't getting the point... it's inviting the danger IN willingly that I am talking about....

Deleted Edit 2 -- sorry if it was offensive to anyone...

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeandB
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM

bump

momof5inohio
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Honey not all people do background checks. And mail men can go Postal ie. thats how going postal was named. So everyone that you said above can also be a lil' psychotic as well. You never know!

my2sons2007
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Just gonna toss this out here.  You know the BTK Killer in Wichita worked for the city right?  Just saying.............

JMVITT

Yeah but I can tell who is cool and who isn't.  I never go to anyone's house without speaking to them over the phone.  You can tell by their voice, writing skills etc.  I don't know how I do it but I have never been in danger.  I get a bad feeling if someone seems like a creep. 

brbrowen

Think about what could happen that ONE time you cross the street.  You cant live your life in fear.  You just have to be cautious.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM

IMO It's no different than having a garage or yard sale, where LOTS of strangers are coming to your house. People have those things all the time during the warm months.

Kris_PBG
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM

True - but I also don't have the mailman come in my house.

If I were to be dealing with craigslist people - i would meet that at a public place ( i.e. nearby McDonalds) to do the exhange.

Quoting momof5inohio:

Honey not all people do background checks. And mail men can go Postal ie. thats how going postal was named. So everyone that you said above can also be a lil' psychotic as well. You never know!

JMVITT
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Or what about that one guy who killed his whole family.  He was caght 20 some year later in Colorodo I think....he was a preacher!

Quoting my2sons2007:

Just gonna toss this out here.  You know the BTK Killer in Wichita worked for the city right?  Just saying.............

acaisha
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Absolutely. I don't live in fear. Most attacks like that are either random or by people you know anyway (like your teenagers friends or something). We don't live in a city with high crime and for the most part I don't even lock my doors, even at night.

Tea4Tas
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Yep ! Of course smaller items can be sold in a public place (and should be)

In pareticular small expensive items should be sold in public places. But how do you sell a boat or a large piece of furniture by taking it somewhere?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)