Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old **Moms with Boys**

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

How old were your boys when you started introducing them to the potty? My son is 15mo and he is fascinated by the potty but only because he wants to play in the water. 

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Nicsone
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

18 mo

He will be 2 1/2 in June and has been daytrained since Christmas Eve. Night trained ya not so much lol

my2sons2007
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM

DS is 2 and he has already used the potty. He wants to be like big Bro.  Big bro was 3 before he was trained though. 

magpie03
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Around age 2, but he wasn't potty trained until 3 1/2. We tried a few times, but he really wasn't interested and I decided I wasn't going to turn it into a battle. The summer before he started preschool, I sat him down, picked out a day on the calendar and told him, "On this day, no more diapers!" As the approached, I would remind him it was coming. We had cool underwear ready for the big day. Once the day came, he was totally ready to do it.

MommyToEthan
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM

somewhere between 18-24 months.   we got him a small potty and he would sit on it before his bath.  sometimes he would potty - other times not.   we didn't really push it since he really wasn't showing any signs that he was ready to potty train.     we just wanted him to get used to it for when the time came.    he was fully potty trained at 33 months.

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

Babyd22
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM

i introduced him when he was 18 months... hes now 2 and some change and he could care less about it lol. He does get his moments to where he wants to go and tells me, but i have a goal and before the years is over he will be using the potty :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)