• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sewing!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok I want to learn to sew so I can make my kids clothes and for myself as well I am looking for any advice on equipment (sewing machine threading needles etc.) for general information on sewing how to do it helpful hints instructions links to this infor would also be gratefully appreciated!!! Thanks ladies

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
okhsmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM

You might join one of CMs sewing groups.  I love, love,love to sew.  I learned in junior high home ec.  When my first was born, I took a refresher class at a vo-tech.  After that, its just a matter of going for it.  Some fabric stores have classes and often if you buy a machine from a dealer, classes are included specific to your model.  I am a Bernina snob (lol), think it is the best machine ever.  Plenty of people sew on entry level machines and do well.  Join one of the groups here and I bet there will be a thread for beginner sewers.  Good luck!!!

brbrowen
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Buy yourself a cheap sewing machine to start out with it comes with directions on how to do all that stuff.  Cloths are hard for me I make quilts and other things.  I made all my kids Halloween costume until they were five as well as all my cousins kids.  The last time I did that I made five and then I told them to share and quit having kids lol.  They are easier because they leave room for error.  Start small and work your way up.  Practice makes perfect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)