Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you leave your child/ren with a sitter?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM
  • 32 Replies

Im not talking about if you work. I am talking about weekends or evenings.

How often?

Overnight?

Do you leave them with family or a hired sitter?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM

If DH and I ever go out our DD will stay with my mom or my BIL and family.

reecenkaden
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I'm single and broke. I never go anywhere.

If I EVER did, he'd stay with Jessica, my friends 15 yr old daughter who watched him when I worked weekends. They love each other and she keeps him inline and MY HOUSE IS CLEANER than I left it.

savannahnhi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Nope. 

adrianasmommy07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM

We go out occasionally after DD is in bed. I also leave her home occasionally to go run errands and what not. She is always with family. Either with my husbands mother or my grandmother.

shortysashious2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I only get to go out if my parents or my husbands parents offer to watch her.  My parents are only in once a month and sometimes they'll take all the grandbabies.  My in-laws take my girl most often and most the time they do keep her overnight.  It's never been for more than one night.  While they do that usually me and my husband go out to eat and stop at Hastings.  Our favorite place is Hastings.  We walk around and look at books and he'll look at video games.  We're pretty boring when we go out.  Lol.  But how often does that happen?  Ugh, hardly ever.  The last time they watched her was 3 weeks ago, I had early labor contractions and they watched her so I could rest.  It was nice of them.  Before that it's been months so not often at all.

GenevieveD
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Yeah we do, they go overnight once a week to my dad‘s house. Our sitters are always family, my dad, my aunt, family friends. There are no storage of people who are crazy-cakes about wanting to watch the girls so it’s never hard to find a sitter! 

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on May. 2, 2010 at 5:59 PM

We hardly ever go out, but if we do, my sister or my mom watches him. I'm to over-protective to let someone else watch him, like the ad up at the top of the page for sittercity, there is no way I'd let a stranger watch my kid lol!

charlene_kyle
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Quoting savannahnhi:

Nope. 

See this is me too. My kids are ages 3 and almost 2 and neither has EVER been left with a sitter. I just cant seem to get over the separation. I dont go anywhere that they cant go along with me. That is why I was wondering what the "normal" is!!

CAarmywife
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM

no. i would only leave them over night with my parents because they raised her  so im comfortable with that but thats only when we actually get to go and visit them.

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on May. 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Our dd only stays with grandmama or grammy.  We don't really trust anyone else with her.  My mom takes her pretty much every weekend and my MIL watches her everytime we go to visit them.

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)