Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex husband won't hand over daughter's passport

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  • 17 Replies

Here's the situation... The Ex has remarried (to the woman that he cheated on me with)  and won't hand over our daughter's passport.  I am the custodial parent.  She lives with me and visits there every other weekend and stays over two nights.  (leaves friday evening I feed her dinner and che comes home sunday afternoon).  I had her passport and and they requested it for her to go to their weeding on a ship in the harbor -- she did not go with them but apparently needed the passport for identification.  well now they won't give it back.  He( They rather) bc he said that he would have to ask her because it was in her safe and he doesn't have access to it) Then he comes up with the lamest excuse that it will expire next year and they were planning to use it in case they go to Canada blah blah blah.  Then on top of it (he) they were saying that they were going to keep it there for memory of her first cruise that they took when he was still married to me and they were living together.  

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allurasmamma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM

bummer, maybe talk with your or his custody lawyer.

themacs4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I don't know, but I would talk to your attorney. 

anetrnlov
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Get her a new one?

RmeWifey01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:15 PM

You should call your lawyer. I'll bet they can get it back with a court-order.  :)

SoKamele
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM

1) I would talk to your lawyer. 2) I would stop visitation until you have her passport back.

All those excuses sound really fishy lame.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM

If you feel that they plan to take her away, report the passport as lost or stolen and it will be invalidated and no longer be able to be used for travel.

spcjones203
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Report it stolen and get a new one. See if he likes that, lol.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM

How old is DD?  Unless you plan on her going out of country with  you I would just get a regular photo ID to use.   I am sure if you contacted your lawyer you could get it back.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Call your attorney, I don't think he can legally keep it,  you may have to go to court though. Can't you say it was stolen  and have a new one made and that one cancelled out??????

mikiemom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM

You need a court order to get it back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)