• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some suggestions, I REALLY want to start this tomorrow. Updated added a pic

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have decided I want to do a potty chart for my 2yo.  He is VERY interested in the potty and I don't want to miss this window of opportunity to train him. 

I have decided that I am either going to let him go bare bottom or in undies.  Probably bare bottom at first.  I am just going to skip pull ups all together. 

So  my question is where did you get your potty chart?  Can I see a picture?  What kind of stickers did you use?

Any suggestions for potty training a boy?

OK so just a quick update.  I made his potty chart.  Nothing fancy, but I have toy story stickers for him for every time he goes potty.  Here is the chart I made...

Also, I have been telling him that tomorrow there will be no more diapers.  We will see how it goes!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda_n_e
by Amanda on May. 2, 2010 at 6:43 PM

http://www.chuckecheese.com/ has pooty charts and all kinds of charts.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM

BUMP!

JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM

BUMP!

periwinkle163
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I just made one on poster paper. I let my kiddos pick out the stickers at the dollar store so they would be more excited to get them.

okeefe11
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I don't have a pic of the potty charts we used, but here' a photo of the most recent "chore chart" which is very similar to the potty one.  I just took a reg piece of paper and drew one every time we needed a new one.  We started with 8 spots for stickers and the last chart had 80-something (I think, I can't remember right now, it's been awhile).  Once the chart was full, we'd take it to the "train store" (toys-r-us) so Gwyer could pick out a new thomas train.  He would give the chart to the checkout person to "pay" for it himself.  Most of them would even bag it and give it and the receipt to him.  It worked great and now, the chore charts are working great too.  But the rewards are different now. 

dspaci02
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

When I potty trained the boys, I put cloth underwear on them.  Getting wet allowed them to learn that they need to go to the bathroom.  A chart is a great idea.  I told them that they could have a special day with just mom or dad and do what they wanted when they were finally trained.

good luck

ReinsKitten
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I just used any stickers he liked- got most of them from the Dollar Tree- cars, animals, super heroes, Thomas the Train, etc...

And, I actually didn't use a chart, I just taped construction paper (he picked the color) on the bathroom wall, and let him put the stickers anywhere on it that he wanted. He loved it! He got to see how many stickers he had everytime he went potty, and he loved looking at them, which also helped keep him in there a little longer =) I think after so many, we'd do something special like a small treat. This worked for us well.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM

BUMP!

RmeWifey01
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I made ours. I don't need them anymore though. They are very easy. Just go to the 1$ store and get some bright-colored poster board & a marker & small stickers. I used the kind teachers use in school. Very easy.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)