Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you quit smoking??? ARGHHHHH!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM
  • 12 Replies

I want to quit smoking so bad. I really do have a desire to do it, I am just so addicted and admittidly a heavy smoker.

I hate spending the money on that.

I hate the way I smell.

I hate that I am setting a bad example for my DD.

I hate being a slave to it!!

I hate what it will do to my health if I don't stop!

I have tried to quit in the past. The only way it worked was cold turkey. But I always ended up picking it up again. I get so grouchy, so moody, so mean, so edgy when I am without.

I don't wanna take Chantix or anything. I heard it can cause some bad psychological reactions and I am already prone to them.

Please help!!!

PS. My Dh smokes too and we are such a bad influence on each other.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristaP13
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Well, I did it cold turkey at the end of fall. The reason I used the most, to keep from doing it, was that I didn't want to sit outside in the cold to smoke & get sick.

Then there was money, and all the other reasons you listed. I just had to keep telling myself I was stronger than the cigarettes. I chewed gum & ate hard candies (Creme savers were the best).

My DH also smokes & he still smokes. It was hard at first because he would be going out to smoke & I wanted to sooo bad. But when I smelled him, I would get a little happier because I didn't smell like an ashtray.

tonya417
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM

BUMP!

tonya417
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I am right ther with you. I want to quit so bad but I am actually kind of scared to (stupid.....I know).

My Dh quit 4 weeks ago and he is a complete ass!!! I dont want to be that. (thats my lame excuse).

aka_speezolove
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM

BUMP!

emt088
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM

im on Day 100 tomorrow! its easier than you think, i promise! visit becomeanex.org  It really helps! PM me anytime if you want tips or just want to rant

emt088
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM

remember to drink lots of water in the first three days of your Quit and stock up on hard candy and mints to help with the oral fixation

Frankysmokes
by on May. 6, 2010 at 4:36 AM

That would be a very nice idea! Motivate,discipline and be dedicated. Before you actually stop smoking, think positively about the benefits, for you, your friends and family. Most people choose to give up for health reasons: it's hard to be fit when you get out of breath or have a persistent cough. As more and more people are giving up, you may well find that more of your friends are non-smokers than smokers.
This maybe sounds familiar to you. Why don't you try an e-cig. It has a lot of benefits that surely could help you. Try to read this article, it's totally amazing!

Here is one of the amazing benefits. After two or three months, you will experience more stop smoking benefits. You will be much healthier. The lung will function much better and its functioning will increment by 30 percent.

Kefuie

TomsMom
by on May. 6, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Get pregnant; lol.  Seriously, When I found out I was pregnant last month I quit smoking the same day.  I did the same thing with my first pregnancy.  Now if I can only get my husband to quit....

tweetyfan
by on May. 6, 2010 at 4:46 AM

am bumping for later ..

Kaelansmom
by on May. 6, 2010 at 5:07 AM

I quit cold turkey... but I was only 17 and the thought of having to explain to my father about why I was having asthma like attacke scared the crap out of me.....so fear motivated me to quit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)