Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who smoke...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: How much do you smoke?

Options:

Less than 5 ciggerettes a day

More than 5 but less than 1/2 pk/day

not quite a pk/day

a pack a day

More than a pk/day

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

I hope this can be discussed without too much drama.

I am really just curious. I am a smoker too. I WANT TO QUIT!

How much do you smoke? If you would rather not say, just answer the poll.

Have you tried to quit? How many times?

Do you want to quit or do you really enjoy it?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlm2676
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

It is kind of hard for me to tell really because Dh and i share a pack.  I think between the 2 of us we can smoke a pack a day. 

hautemama83
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Anywhere from a half a pack or less. But hey its better than how much I used to smoke, before I got pregnant with my son and quit I was up to 2+ packs a day.

MMKherMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

no ciggs ~ just herb!

Joeysmom6
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM
I smoke about 1/2 a pack a day. I never smoke inside or around my children or anyone elses kids either. I smoke in my own backyard and when I go in public I find an empty corner to smoke in away from people and doors. lol. I want to quit and I did when i was pregnant but I picked back up afterwards. :(
Jenniy
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I smoke about 9 or 10 a day, and I have qit every time I got pregnant, did really good after my youngest was born and had quit for almost 3 years, then got slammed with a divorce, kicked out of the house with the kids..... started smoking again...

tginn20
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

about half a pack a day. I enjoy it. I can go outside and enjoy 5 minutes of "me" time.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM

This is me.  Except I smoke in my own garage, not backyard.  :)

Quoting Joeysmom6:

I smoke about 1/2 a pack a day. I never smoke inside or around my children or anyone elses kids either. I smoke in my own backyard and when I go in public I find an empty corner to smoke in away from people and doors. lol. I want to quit and I did when i was pregnant but I picked back up afterwards. :(

kat247
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Between 1/2 pack and a pack a day.I don't smoke in my house and I have 4 kids so I don't have a lot of time to run out and smoke.It keeps me from smoking so much.I probably waste as many as I smoke.

mommycomespring
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I only smoke a few cigarettes a day (always outside) and i quit the moment I found out I was pregnant. I actually quit until he was 4 months old. Then i went back to work and with stress and being outside with the girls on break I picked it back up. I would love to quit. I think its a disgusting habit that stinks and is sooo unhealthy. I am just afraid of the weight gain and horrible headaches which i know are nothing compared to dying of lung cancer or getting emphysema so I am still trying my best.

Dingleberries
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM

little less than half a pack a day but between me and SO, its a pack a day for the both of us combined.

I only quit smoking ONCE and it was bcs i was in jail for 21 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)